The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
Danny Bee

Contest 2009/2010

Post by Danny Bee »

The 2009/2010 Contest information and rules will be posted up by 11-27-2009
On the new site http://www.holosource.org

The theme is “Ingenuity & Innovation”
The contest gallery will be displayed at the Visalia Maker Faire on 2-27-2010
There will be 5 ways you can be a part of the holography section of the Maker Faire

1 Enter into the contest
2 Enter a hologram for display at the Maker Faire
3 donate a hologram to the Holosource for future displays (travelling galleries)
4 a demonstration of a way of making a hologram or show how ot make something to help holography (as a Maker)
5 donate a prize for the contest winners
DJ Mathson

Contest 2009/2010

Post by DJ Mathson »

Interesting.
One thing though about your site. Several of the contest entries of 2006 is mislabeled.
Danny Bee

Contest 2009/2010

Post by Danny Bee »

DJ Mathson wrote:Interesting.
One thing though about your site. Several of the contest entries of 2006 is mislabeled.
I found the errors and fixed them on 2006 enteries
dave battin

Contest 2009/2010

Post by dave battin »

ok im down for a display hologram for the holosource, and ill be kicking in a contest prize too. good luck with this new site, Danny you have done a nice job with it !
Dutchelm05

Contest 2009/2010

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Very good Danny, you can count me in for something.

When is the due date for submitting a hologram?
Tom B.

Contest 2009/2010

Post by Tom B. »

Cool! I might be up to participating somehow - most likely donating an old holo for display unless inspiration strikes.
Danny Bee

Contest 2009/2010

Post by Danny Bee »

Dutchelm05

Contest 2009/2010

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Hey Danny,
Looks good
Bob was concerned about judging last year.
Who will judge it?
BobH

Contest 2009/2010

Post by BobH »

I was concerned because those same rules for judging were thrown out the window last time, after the submissions were made. Contests are a bad idea for holography. A show is a good idea. A demonstration of how easy holography can be is a great idea.
Tom B.

Contest 2009/2010

Post by Tom B. »

I was a bit perturbed that "difficulty" was overweighted at 20%, but then the theme is "ingenuity and Innovation", so maybe it's OK this time. For future reference, a picture of the actual shooting setup would be helpful in judging difficulty. Maybe knock one point off for every piece of commercial optics lab gear spotted :)

I agree with BobH - contests are silly. The glory of being able to participate in this grand exhibition of the holographic arts should be more than enough.