I need your help about holographic 3d images

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
germacran

Post by germacran »

hi
since few days i have read about hologaphic technology
i have a master concpts about this technology

- I want to create a word in the air with holograhpy tech
what the tools and materials requires to do this experiment
from where can I get it

I use this words in 3d studies it facilitates many things to me

I want the answer accurately because this matter is extremely important to me

thnks alot
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Unfortunately, holograms without additional magic cannot create a mid-air illusion. If you look at a hologram the image is always confined within the bounds of the film as seen from your viewpoint. What is the word you want to create? and why?
germacran

Post by germacran »

in this picture

"http://www.x333x.com"

I want instead of this girl 3d text I don't want to print photo on hologram material but I want
to create a text such as this scene
Diode Holographer

Post by Diode Holographer »

I hate to be the one to break this to you Germacran, but this is (as of yet) science fiction. This kind of holographic image is not real, its trick photography. I've seen documenteries on future technologies that show different companies working on such a projected image, but it is not yet complete and even if it were, doing it yourself would require unbelievably expensive equipment (hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars).

I understand that it is possible to make holograms whose image seem to stand out from the film media on which they are recorded, but you'll not be able to recreate such a hologram through a simple explanation. If you desire to make any type of holographic image you will have to get involve in the study and practice of holography. Which will require time, money and patience.
germacran

Post by germacran »

thanks alot for information but you don't understand specifically what I need

in this video is what i need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtvAhL1lzOI

is this is very expensive or difficult or what
Diode Holographer

Perhaps I don't understand what it is you are looking for, Germacran.

The holograms in the video you provided are indeed real holograms and the techniques used in the video are like wise real, though I did spot some mistakes in the narative. However, the holograms in the video are nothing at all like the hologram in the picture you posted. They do not stand out from the film media (in reality or appearance), but are actually seen to be behind it. The images are certainly three dimensional and rather realistic in appearance, but they in no way appear in front of the film.

Again, holograms such as the one in the picture you posted; or like you might see in the movies "Star Wars" or the "The Matrix" do not exist.

If you can be more specific about what you desire for the end result then perhaps we may be of more help. For instance, where would you like this text to appear to be floating, how big would you like the text to be, etc.? The more information you can give us on EXACTLY what it is you desire for your end result the more help we can be to your goal.
Paulos

Post by Paulos »

Diode Holographer wrote:... The images are certainly three dimensional and rather realistic in appearance, but they in no way appear in front of the film. ....
Actually, the image can be managed to float in the front of the film as well, in any distance you like.

The only real limitation is the one mentioned by Tom B:
Tom B. wrote:...the image is always confined within the bounds of the film as seen from your viewpoint. ...
Diode Holographer

I never said a holograms can't appear in front of it's film media. In fact I meantioned in my first post that it is possible to make a hologram to appear in front of the film media, I only said that none of the holograms in the video were of this type.

Actually that is not a limitation. All you need to do is use a computer or a good artist to generate a series of two dimensional images of the floating text from a number of the appropriate perspectives and then make a stereogram using those 2D images. The result would be text wich appears to float. I'm sure there are other methods of achieving a similar result, but this is the most obvious one that comes to mind.
Diode Holographer

Forgive the off topic appearance of my last statment. I misunderstood the point you were making. The fact that a hologram is confined to its film media is the point I've been trying to make, but saying it in such a manner makes it seem as though you are saying a hologram cannot appear outside it's film media. Which we have both already said is possible. I was under the impression that you were saying that the limitation is making the text apear to float. Which, obvioulsy, is not a limitation.

Again, Germacran, I'm sure we can be of more help to you if you can give us some greater details on what you would like for your end result. My statment from my first post is still valid, however. Any answer you receive will not be "simple". You will most certainly be required to undertake the study and practice of holography if you wish to achieve this goal yourself.
germacran

Post by germacran »

thanks for information , exactly what i need is the video in youtube