Pulsed "multi mode"?

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
LarryD

Pulsed "multi mode"?

Post by LarryD »

holo_cyware wrote:... That also may mean that every pulse has a different "pattern" of frequencies, maybe unique, the crystal temperature being the most important factor, hence bread lines for a two-pulse exposure.
I think the "sliced bread" look in that case is due more from the object moving a minute amount from one exposure to the next, which could be milliseconds-to-seconds apart. Tung Jeong from Integraf told me about a big dual pulsed ruby laser he has/had for sale, made specifically for holographic interferometry and you could use it to visualize modes of oscillation in things, or measure stresses on a surface, etc.
holo_cyware

Pulsed "multi mode"?

Post by holo_cyware »

Oh, sorry, it was all theorertical. I'd like to own such a system; I was just exploring the idea of using a SSY1 but the power was an erotic dream of mine.

If you like power, look here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Nd-Glass-giant-lase ... dZViewItem <---- Instant vaporisation of the glass plate.
Dutchelm05

Pulsed "multi mode"?

Post by Dutchelm05 »

I think I have rod envy :?

Thanks
Colin Kaminski

Pulsed "multi mode"?

Post by Colin Kaminski »

LarryD wrote:
holo_cyware wrote:... That also may mean that every pulse has a different "pattern" of frequencies, maybe unique, the crystal temperature being the most important factor, hence bread lines for a two-pulse exposure.
I think the "sliced bread" look in that case is due more from the object moving a minute amount from one exposure to the next, which could be milliseconds-to-seconds apart. Tung Jeong from Integraf told me about a big dual pulsed ruby laser he has/had for sale, made specifically for holographic interferometry and you could use it to visualize modes of oscillation in things, or measure stresses on a surface, etc.
These lasers use a frequency locked seed laser to make sure the pulse is the same frequency for both pulses. This is not required if you are only making a single pulse and makes the design much less complicated.