Having trouble getting tape to stick when indexing

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
John Sonley

Post by John Sonley »

Sergio, thanks. I wonder if the microscope slide glass is available in larger pieces as my H1 masters are usually 5" X 8" to make H2 image plane reflection copies on 5" X 4" film - for this applicationI would need glass about 1" larger on each dimension.
I've partially dismantled my laminator but not far enough to see if there is any adjustment - I don't think so at this stage. It looks as though the dimension between the rollers is set by the substantial white plastic moulding that seems to form the framework of the laminator - but I must remove the heater elemrents to see further
BRgds
John
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

John Sonley wrote:Sergio, thanks. I wonder if the microscope slide glass is available in larger pieces as my H1 masters are usually 5" X 8" to make H2 image plane reflection copies on 5" X 4" film - for this applicationI would need glass about 1" larger on each dimension.
I've partially dismantled my laminator but not far enough to see if there is any adjustment - I don't think so at this stage. It looks as though the dimension between the rollers is set by the substantial white plastic moulding that seems to form the framework of the laminator - but I must remove the heater elemrents to see further
BRgds
John
I could order locally the glass that is used for MS (1.2 mm thick), some of Chinese precedence cut in 4 x 5 in plates performing some 100 units if remember, they may cut professionally even with smooth grid edges and the cost is few bucks, KODAK used to manufacturate their plates onto 1mm glass plates so maybe no problem in stability.

Sergio.