Advice on Equipment

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
bernardb

Advice on Equipment

Post by bernardb »

Thanks for the input George...hope you can decipher the jumped pins inside the connectors.

I have had these little guys for a coupla years but never even tried to start 'em up till now...hope they are okay...

I am a sort of laser collector and holographer "wanna be"...I am getting my lab set up over the next few weeks (I hope) and will actually make a first hologram soon. I have other "holography-rated" lasers to use but I want all my little babies to actually work whether used for holography or not.

Thanks again for your help.

Bern
geso

Advice on Equipment

Post by geso »

Here are the pins I know are jumpered so far, I'm off to run some errands but will take a closer look later.
I think this is probably it though...

pin 13-25
pin 12-24
pins 1-2-14

-George
bernardb

Advice on Equipment

Post by bernardb »

That's it!

Working now...thank you for the help!

Bern :P
Tom Jim

Advice on Equipment

Post by Tom Jim »

CrystaLaser manufactures compact single longitudinal mode red laser systems with long coherence length >5 meters in the USA.
They are suitable for hologram application. The laser beam is about 1 mm with 1 mrad full angle divergence, circular beam.
Red laser model DL660-030-S, a >= 30 mW, Pure single frequency laser, 660 nm, coherence length is >5 meters with wall-plug power supply.
Red laser model DL640-050-S, a >= 50 mW, Pure single frequency laser, 640 nm, coherence length is >5 meters with wall-plug power supply.

Please provides promotion code "Holo-red-0912" to get a discount price. This promotion will end on Dec 18, 2009.
The red laser is easy to operate and much better in coherence length than He-Ne laser.

CrystaLaser also manufactures 532 nm green laser with long coherence length of >300 meters.
dave battin

Advice on Equipment

Post by dave battin »

These sound promising. You have all the details except the price for these units. Can you post a "ball park figure" for the complete red system? You listed a promotional code and i didn’t see where to put it ............

ps.this post would be better served/listed in the "for sale" section of this forum.
Joe Farina

Advice on Equipment

Post by Joe Farina »

I'm a bit confused about the DL640-050-S. On your post this is said to have a coherence length of >5 meters at 640nm and 50mW, but on the website it didn't seem to clearly state the "long coherence length" feature of this particular 640nm laser. Am I missing something? If it really does have a >5 meter coherence length at 640nm and 50mW output, I would like to know the price, and some kind of reference to a holographer who has used this laser successfully would be helpful. Thanks.