JD-4 Developing Tips?

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
Martin

JD-4 Developing Tips?

Post by Martin »

onyx86 wrote:Anyone have tips for obtaining the best results developing PFG-03M with JD-4 developer? How do I get it to develop evenly and clearly over the entire plate?
What I would try is presoaking the plate in a 200g/L potassium carbonate solution prior to development.

Moreover you might add a few drops of surfactant (detergent), say Photoflo and alike to the developing solution.
Ed Wesly

JD-4 Developing Tips?

Post by Ed Wesly »

Just to add more confusion, of clarification, TJ has told me he soaks the plate for a minute or so in cold H20 before development.
The_Stranger

JD-4 Developing Tips?

Post by The_Stranger »

Ed Wesly wrote:Just to add more confusion, of clarification, TJ has told me he soaks the plate for a minute or so in cold H20 before development.
He has emailed that to me too, and even more, it is written on the website stating the instructions:
http://www.holokits.com/jd-4_holography_developer.htm
1. Presoak:
Presoak the exposed holographic film plate in distilled water for 10-20 seconds.
2. Develop:
Quickly submerge the plate into the developer so that all parts get wet evenly. Slush it around for about 10 seconds. The hologram should turn almost black.
3. Rinse:
Rinse the developed hologram with agitation for at least 20 seconds. For best results and longer lasting holograms, rinse up to 3 minutes to make help ensure that all of Part A has been rinsed off.
4. Bleach:
Place the rinsed hologram into the bleaching solution; agitate it until the plate is completely clear (this may take up to 1 minute); bleach for another 10 seconds.
5. Rinse again:
Rinse the bleached hologram with agitation for at least 20 seconds (up to 3 minutes).
6. Finish in wetting solution:
Optionally, place the finished hologram in this solution for about 20 seconds. Then, remove the hologram to dry. For best results, avoid streaks or runs as you remove the hologram from the solution.
Colin Kaminski

JD-4 Developing Tips?

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Joe, I like that model. :clap: