good information in PDF form

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
Tim68

Post by Tim68 »

Hi folks I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if this post ends up in the wrong place I'm a member of at least three laser forums and this one and have always screwed up some how on posting and have been told that I have posted in the wrong areas but never been told how to fix the problem.
I live in the U.S. and became interested in lasers via youtube but quickly figured out that there's a lot of irresponsible individuals out there who should not be posting the things they have as far as video's on youtube,enough said on that subject where I live here in the states there is a vacation/tourist spot known as Nashville Indiana there use to be a holography museum and gallery where you could actually get your portrait in hologram from on some rather large plates this you can imagine was rather pricey anyhoo last year around October I went to Nashville Indiana and the museum is no longer there.
And since then my interest in holography has grown I've since come across some good information and thought that I'd post this as I wouldn't mind sharing I've got several books on lasers and a rather good one from 2007 titled holography these are in PDF form just message me and I'd be more than happy to send copies of these files via email.

*Edited to a more normal font. - Colin
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Welcome
Post the content and you may get bites... :wink:
Tim68

Post by Tim68 »

O.K here is my list I'll also include the name of the place where i got these files so you can get them yourself if you prefer
Holography 335 pages PDF
Tunable lasers 502 pages PDF
Solid state lasers 422 pages PDF
handbook of lasers 1186 pages PDF
Principles of lasers 262 pages PDF
Fundamentals of light sources and lasers 349 pages PDF
Laser light dynamics 354 pages PDF
Semicondutor laser fundamentals 127 pages PDF
Poor mans CO2 laser 30 pages DJVU file (I have the executable DJVU reader)
All of these files were found at Rapidshare,and you can get these free enter the search term holography for the first file I listed here,and the search term laser for the rest you will have to wait 59 seconds as a free user or feel free to PM me and I'll gladly share :angel:

* Edited to a more normal font - Colin
Jem

Post by Jem »

I don't mean to be rude, particularly as you are new to the forum, but why do you post your messages in large blue text?

Why not just use the default text like the rest of us, or is it just me that finds it annoying?

Are all the .pdf texts you're listing copyright free and available for general distribution?

Anyway, welcome to the forum :)

Jem
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Ditto what Jem said. It looks like you're shouting.

I don't know about the others but Fundamentals of light sources and lasers is a print on demand book that's going for $123 from Wiley.

I think I'll pass.
holo_cyware

Post by holo_cyware »

This is the typical Internet noob, who had found some (cough) illegal copies of some books still under copyright.

Wheather you are interested in getting them, it's up to you. He already mentioned the source.
Tim68

Post by Tim68 »

To those who have posted replies I did not post this to offend nor to brake the law knowingly I was a paying customer on rapid share when I got the files I mentioned so I thought it was perfectly fine to offer them to others here for free,I did not ask for money and was not trying to advertise for rapidshare.
My only intent was to share good information in hopes of being some help to others on this forum I'm truly sorry for the size of the font that I used I have contacted Colin by PM to have this post removed and will try to contact him again.
I thought that since I was paying to be on rapidshare that it was perfectly legal and I guess that I thought wrong,I personally did not post these books there and in fact have never posted anything on rapid share so with that said I am truly sorry if I've offended anyone here that was not my intent what so ever.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Tim68 wrote:To those who have posted replies I did not post this to offend nor to brake the law knowingly I was a paying customer on rapid share when I got the files I mentioned so I thought it was perfectly fine to offer them to others here for free,I did not ask for money and was not trying to advertise for rapidshare.
My only intent was to share good information in hopes of being some help to others on this forum I'm truly sorry for the size of the font that I used I have contacted Colin by PM to have this post removed and will try to contact him again.
I thought that since I was paying to be on rapidshare that it was perfectly legal and I guess that I thought wrong,I personally did not post these books there and in fact have never posted anything on rapid share so with that said I am truly sorry if I've offended anyone here that was not my intent what so ever.
Thanks for not shouting.

This should be a good lesson for you. Just because you're paying for the service (rapidshare) doesn't mean that what you find has been shared by others is freely distributable. As often as not, what you'll find is copyrighted in some fashion. You won't go wrong if you assume that you can't share the material unless you see a very explicit message stating that the material is freely redistributable.
Jem

Post by Jem »

Hi Tim

Ahhhhhh.... Feel the peace in the room :wink: , we can all talk quietly now, that's much better don't you agree?

As for the books I was trying to ask you tactfully about copyright and i'm glad you've seen the error of your ways. Your intentions were good even if they were misguided.

So, again, welcome to the forum. Another holographer has go to be a good thing. I've only been making holograms for a couple of years myself, and I still have loads to learn. Up to this month i've just been making single beam reflection holograms and playing about with fiber optics. I recently got hold of a small optical table and have been acquiring various optics and mounts. I have to say that my holograms are so much better now i've started to move on to split beam work.

It's all one massive learning curve, but fortunately there are some great folks on this forum (some of whom have brains the size of planets :lol: ), who are prepared to help us out. So, ask politely and nicely and i'm sure there will be all the help you could want as you progress to better and better holograms :D

Cheers

Jem
Tim68

Post by Tim68 »

Thanks JEM for the welcome as for my large font I'm use to doing that because I've got a friend that email to often who has bad eye site so its more of a habit than anything else ,well so much for being responsible the fact is and I won't mention anymore about it other than to say the files are now gone from my computer and I'd just gotten them a few hours before my membership ran out,I was told that place was just like NAPSTER.
I am on the other hand still going to go through starting out with single beam shoe box style holography(I guess thats the correct term for it)from what I understand I would be well off to use glass style plates than the film,I've so many questions I need answered than I can count ergo the reason for my being here,if I can get away with a little less trial and error I'll be happy as I've been there and done that flying remote control airplanes there's nothing like seeing $400.00 hit the ground a fifty plus miles an hour.
The only real funny thing that can be said about it is how compact those things become afterwards :D