HOLO materials

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
fefe

HOLO materials

Post by fefe »

Hello... i am working on my bachelor project and i need help. We want to record hologram on some THz frequencies, but we haven't a material. Can you help me? or can you post me some links, where i can find some information? (sorry for my english, i am from slovakia :angel: )
Colin Kaminski

HOLO materials

Post by Colin Kaminski »

tHz does not ring a bell. Are we talking using light? What spatial frequency would the fringes be in mm?

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone
JohnFP

HOLO materials

Post by JohnFP »

100um to 1mm as per a google search. Far infrared.
Tom B.

HOLO materials

Post by Tom B. »

fefe wrote:Hello... i am working on my bachelor project and i need help. We want to record hologram on some THz frequencies, but we haven't a material. Can you help me? or can you post me some links, where i can find some information? (sorry for my english, i am from slovakia :angel: )
Maybe some useful info here?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=thz+holography
fefe

HOLO materials

Post by fefe »

Sorry, i wrote THz, but i wanted to write MHz. I searched on google etc...
Sergio

HOLO materials

Post by Sergio »

FeFE what WL you need exactly? I have a IR holographic material (liquid and films) that is responsive to 815nm with special order, it works well and I did some sales to Cech's...

Sergio
Tom B.

HOLO materials

Post by Tom B. »

fefe wrote:Sorry, i wrote THz, but i wanted to write MHz. I searched on google etc...
Good grief, you want to make a radiohologram! Since photons at this wavelength are so weak, there are no materials sensitive enough to do anything interesting unless you have megawatts available. What you need to do is either sample or calculate a real RF interference fringe situation, then fabricate an arrangement of dielectrics, insulators and conductors that when illuminated with an RF plane wave reproduce it. There is some stuff out there on holographic antennas you could look for..
fefe

HOLO materials

Post by fefe »

Tom B. wrote:
fefe wrote:Sorry, i wrote THz, but i wanted to write MHz. I searched on google etc...
Good grief, you want to make a radiohologram! Since photons at this wavelength are so weak, there are no materials sensitive enough to do anything interesting unless you have megawatts available. What you need to do is either sample or calculate a real RF interference fringe situation, then fabricate an arrangement of dielectrics, insulators and conductors that when illuminated with an RF plane wave reproduce it. There is some stuff out there on holographic antennas you could look for..

yes... we want to do it with an antenna... my profesor said, he has got a material, but he wants me to try find another method or material :angel:
jnhong

HOLO materials

Post by jnhong »

Would this be just a Synthetic Aperture Radar? To reconstruct the recorded wavefront, you could use a Phased Array.
fefe

HOLO materials

Post by fefe »

jnhong wrote:Would this be just a Synthetic Aperture Radar? To reconstruct the recorded wavefront, you could use a Phased Array.
yes... that's a good idea... but we want a real hologram, not only phase :think: