autostereoscopic displays "class" on YouTube (1)

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
favalora

Post by favalora »

Hi -

I narrated and recorded a 3-part "course" on autostereoscopic display technologies. They are being uploaded to YouTube, about one per month. I am guessing that class #2 (which is not yet posted) will be of the most interest because that covers several display-types. Class 1 is up now, and focuses on perception and "possible versus impossible." And Class 3 will have some more exotic display-types that attempt to use geometrical optics to reconstruct lightfields.

Anyway, I hope you find this of interest:
http://www.youtube.com/user/opticsforhi ... FZqn8KZiiU

Gregg
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Thanks! I look forward to the remaining episodes.

Info for potential viewers: total length of part 1 is about 30 minutes in three 10 minute segments. I must say that the 2 minute review of 1a at the start of 1b had me mashing the fast forward button :)
favalora

Post by favalora »

Thanks, Tom.

About the overlap of "last slide of previous segment is first slide of current segment..." my employer asked me to do that during the upload process. I think he was afraid that the audio or the conversion process would break otherwise. (Sorry!)

I look forward to releasing parts 2 and 3, there's detail about actual 3-D display architectures in them. On one hand it feels like an entry-level survey and on others it's intermediate. When I finished with them I thought "Whew! I never need to talk about autostereoscopy again!". But now that I'm done I find myself wanting to make new classes that explore particular topics in true detail.

g
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

favalora wrote: But now that I'm done I find myself wanting to make new classes that explore particular topics in true detail.

g
:clap: