Litiholo Film without glass?

Holography related topics.
John Howard

Re: Litiholo Film without glass?

Post by John Howard »

Thanks for the clues - the amber safelight is a surprise - Litiholo sent a blue safelight with their film.

Harlan Papert is a very unusual name and Google only shows one who is a real estate agent. I do not do Facebook or any social media. Anyway, I would prefer to find a well-established source. DuPont is also making it - I'm waiting to hear back from them.
jrburns47

Post by jrburns47 »

Ok - makes sense. Are you using a silver halide film to make tests before moving to photopolymer? Have you tried using glass painted flat black on the back side?
John Howard

Post by John Howard »

Harlan Papert is an unusual name and only one shows up on Google - a real estate guy. I don't do Facebook or social media. No matter, I would prefer a well-established source anyway. I am waiting for a reply from DuPont who also make it.

Amber safelight is a surprise since Litiholo sent a blue safelight with their photopolymer.
jrburns47

Post by jrburns47 »

The amber safelight is for the Bayer/Covestro HX200 which is panchromatic. Harlan IS the source for Zilux. I’ll message you his contact info. By all reports it’s good stuff - main difference from HX200 is that Zilux has to be baked after exposure. Never bought any LitiHolo kits so maybe they’re not using the Bayer. They may also be using a custom formulation only sensitive to red? I heard that DuPont isn’t selling to individuals and only use in-house. If i’m mistaken please let me know.
John Howard

Post by John Howard »

Litiholo film is from their 3 laser color kit. They also sell it as 4x5, but only on glass.

Thanks, jrburns47.
John Howard

Post by John Howard »

Missed your earlier question. I have only ever used the Litiholo film. Have the Integraph kit with chems, but I have never used it.

The internal reflections will occur whether black backing or not, because they occur before the light exits the glass. More importantly, I am using the exiting light to further illuminate the object. I really like this HX200 Dave sent and the Litiholo because they are transparent and so allow for using the "used" light, but I need to get rid of the glass.
jrburns47

Post by jrburns47 »

Try this black glass:
Glass Cutting Board by Clever... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAO8ZNV?re ... b_ap_share
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

John , a couple tips. The film changes as its exposed, causing movement , it will NOT work without using a glass backer.quite possibly the original plate I sent you may not even be thick enough...try using a very thick piece 1/2”? , this may help w your issues, if you get your ref angle and polarization correct , that will help also..

As I remember I sent you an AMBER led”tea light”, these are by far the best to use for any photo polymer. Your local wall-mart probably had them by the ten pack !

I can get you a sample to try of Zilux as I have some here...and meantime I’ll get you w Harlan and get a link
Here

Convestro is wonderful stuff but we need $8,000 for a roll..
( I’m good for $2000 of it !)

DB
John Howard

Post by John Howard »

DB,

Yes, you did send a small yellow light - I will use with your film samples. Harlan says he will sell Zilux 30cm x 1m for $125. That would make quite a few small experiments. Still thinking...
jrburns47

Post by jrburns47 »

holomaker wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:39 am John , a couple tips. The film changes as its exposed, causing movement , it will NOT work without using a glass backer.quite possibly the original plate I sent you may not even be thick enough...try using a very thick piece 1/2”? , this may help w your issues, if you get your ref angle and polarization correct , that will help also..

As I remember I sent you an AMBER led”tea light”, these are by far the best to use for any photo polymer. Your local wall-mart probably had them by the ten pack !

I can get you a sample to try of Zilux as I have some here...and meantime I’ll get you w Harlan and get a link
Here

Convestro is wonderful stuff but we need $8,000 for a roll..
( I’m good for $2000 of it !)

DB
I’m good for $2K re Covestro/Bayer also.