trying color holography again

Holography related topics.
dannybee

trying color holography again

Post by dannybee »

Hi holographers having a second try at color, my first attempted was to use a fiber lens as a mixer for the rgb beams to get a even illumination. This worked but the hologram where very even in color but always dim compared to without the fiber lens. I could view them nice with a led but too dim to photograph. The mixing was good but still a problem. After doing research and testing I found that the fiber lens was partially destroying the polarization by 30% so that probably why my hologram where not as bright as they could be. So its back to straight beam expansion and mixing. One problem I've always had with mixing is getting the same size and mixing them so the light was nice and even. And doing it with out spending a boat load of money. But after looking at some of the color holograms online it seem that I'm a bit too picky about having the light evenly mixed. So I rethink-ed my setup and used a 2x lens and a CCD prism (that you find in most video cameras) to mix the beams. This time not worrying as much on the evenness of the mix across the lens, but expanding each beam so that the beam is fully expanded to the aperture of the 2x lens. Then making sure that all the polarization of the laser where in the same direction.. got a fairly even mix of all the 457+532+630 beams.
Attachments
setup.jpg
setup.jpg (71.21 KiB) Viewed 4525 times
dannybee

Re: trying color holography again

Post by dannybee »

color looks balanced
Attachments
DSCF4604.jpg
DSCF4604.jpg (240.16 KiB) Viewed 4523 times
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

Here's the table layout
Attachments
DSCF4612.jpg
DSCF4612.jpg (223.56 KiB) Viewed 4523 times
Din

Post by Din »

Danny, in order to judge how well the colours are balanced, it's necessary to look at the original object.
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

heres the holo... a bit hard to photograph the blue haze drives my camera crazy :D
Attachments
new-holo.jpg
new-holo.jpg (189.75 KiB) Viewed 4491 times
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

this is the object
Attachments
doll.jpg
doll.jpg (170.65 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

did a slight modification of this setup , wasn't getting a good mix of blue and green in the cube so i used a 50/50 beam splitter to combine the blue and green and got a better mix. and then combine in the cube with the red
Wackhaus

Post by Wackhaus »

Wow :) looks great
pocket full of holograms