Bulbs

Holography related topics.
Wackhaus

Bulbs

Post by Wackhaus »

I have a voxbox and noticed it no longer illuminated when switched on lol.
I'd rather ask first and procure the appropriate bulb before opening anything up.

Also, what are the recommended bulbs for a 120 curve multiplex?
I also have a flat panel wall display from the old museum of holohraphy in ny which still has its original bulb for now. It actually burns so hot I had to mount the display on a separate plaque as not to burn into the wall..
pocket full of holograms
jrburns47

Re: Bulbs

Post by jrburns47 »

Bob Hess should be able to tell you what kind of bulb for the voxbox. For a 120 multiplex, a clear incandescent bulb with a vertically oriented linear filament is best - 60 watt should be fine. They can be tough to find though. 100w runs a little hot. These will work but the eBay supplier below often sends horizontally oriented filaments instead of the vertical filament in the photo. That would mean redesigning how the bulb is usually mounted in the display to be useful.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/272191722227
Wackhaus

Post by Wackhaus »

Hiiiii jodi, yes I've been trying to contact Bob,

Is there a little dance I should do? Or like, some sort of drum circle chant to plead to the hologods to have him answer my prayers etc?
(It's ilicia ;*)
pocket full of holograms
shoreon

Post by shoreon »

Did you find a solution? I also have a multiplex box and I'd like to know if a led light would work the same as an old filament one or if I have to buy a special one. What kind of voxbox do you have?

Isidro
jrburns47

Post by jrburns47 »

Suggest trying different lights. Very educational... seriously😊!
BobH

Post by BobH »

I'm so sorry for not getting back about the bulbs for the Voxboxes. I'll dig into the stack that fills the gazebo in the back yard and send a few.
Voxel Holorad Stuff.jpg
Voxel Holorad Stuff.jpg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 3481 times
jrburns47

Post by jrburns47 »

Bob H!
Glad to see i’m not the only one!!!😂
Wackhaus

Post by Wackhaus »

dont take this the wrong way but i wanna poke around under your tarp there :geek:
pocket full of holograms