The Bob Schlesinger collection

Holography related topics.
Wackhaus

The Bob Schlesinger collection

Post by Wackhaus »

https://bobsholo.wordpress.com/

So about two summers ago someone posted a lot of stereoscopic cameras and equipt on a message board we have for such things, and after a little back and forth they mentioned a collection of holograms and through the course of the convo it was revealed that the man I was speaking with was Bob Schlesinger. I ended up buying out his entire lot.
The link shows a good portion of the collection, which at the time I was storing at a friend's house in his temp controled basement where he and his gf have all their electronic equip, and I would visit it often to look and take stereos of. they can be viewed that way in parallel. The only ones not pictured are plate glass transmissions I wasn't able to photograph and a brick or two of dcgs with some one offs of patterns I don't see I uploaded yet..
I had ikuo Nakamura photograph some of these with a lenticular rig he had with the intention of having them as assets to look at on a looking glass display, to try to introduce what ACTUAL HOLOGRAMS are to their audience through their 'holograohic' display, in an attempt to reappropriate missapropriated language back, and finally have time to do so as I am currently out of work lol. They were a bit troublesome to capture of course, I have a lot of editing to do as many of the shots in the line go in and out of focus as his rig traveled across so the sets have to be edited one by one to be usable in whole.
Most of the dcgs were not sealed along the edges and have varying degrees of creep coming in from all sides. In our talking Bob asked for the holos to be extracted and resealed, and to find an experienced glass cutter, which oddly enough I know someone, but the problem of course is they are laminates of film sandwiched between picture glass, and he told me it will prove to be an arduous task. It was also suggested to grind down the glass instead of cutting. And my friend, whos house they were stored at and is some mit genius and retired at the ripe old age of 28 lol, wants a shot at cutting one out with his home made cnc router on which he attached a cutting laser and has been basically slicing up every and any piece of material in existance.
In any event, that's the backstory and the intended front story of this collection, and I really do have to send Bob s another email as I haven't spoken to him since he got too busy packing up his move.
pocket full of holograms
BobH

Re: The Bob Schlesinger collection

Post by BobH »

Wondeerful!!! Now I know how to credit a few of the holograms in my own collection.
Wackhaus

Post by Wackhaus »

I noticed that too on a few peoples sites.
The only thing I can imagine like that is when you get a white lable vinyl, and have no idea who the band/track is, and find it out 40 years later. That's nuts.

Check your email btw I replied so tag you're it.
pocket full of holograms
Nnnn

Post by Nnnn »

I just recently learned how to view stereo images, and this is wonderful! Thank you for your work in documenting these in 3D.
Wackhaus

Post by Wackhaus »

wait, is this nana/niko my friend in japan?
pocket full of holograms
Nnnn

Post by Nnnn »

Yep, this is Nana/Rico. ^^
I started using the nick 'Nnnn' instead of Nana.
Wackhaus

Post by Wackhaus »

Nnnn wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:17 pm Yep, this is Nana/Rico. ^^
I started using the nick 'Nnnn' instead of Nana.
i appreciate the confusion 8-)
pocket full of holograms