Questions about Osram PB530 laser

Holography related topics.
Eikie

Questions about Osram PB530 laser

Post by Eikie »

I recently purchased from eBay a PB530 laser from holokidd, together with his red laser. I have never recieved a package from the US this quickly, he is the fastest seller I've ever had on eBay.

In the item description it is stated tuning has to be done according included instructions, but such instructions were not with the package.
The seller hasn't replied to my question via ebay, so I thought there must be members here who have experience with those lasers. I believe I have been some nice dogs made with these lasers.

So how do I tune them? I unfortunately don't have a lightmeter yet, so I hope that isn't strictly required. Is it really just required or just a way to get the most mW from the unit?

Apart from that, I notice the green laser "driver board" is getting quite warm, is that normal? The red laser board stays cool.

Thanks in advance..
holomaker

Re: Questions about Osram PB530 laser

Post by holomaker »

I’m sorry I did not receive your messages thru eBay, but now we are all here. Ok so you have both lasers up and running , what’s the power u are driving it with ? Yes the green driver can get warm ....

You have the heads on a heat sink?

There is a page on FB “laser hacker” info is shared thee as well..
Eikie

Post by Eikie »

holomaker wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:10 pm I’m sorry I did not receive your messages thru eBay, but now we are all here. Ok so you have both lasers up and running , what’s the power u are driving it with ? Yes the green driver can get warm ....

You have the heads on a heat sink?

There is a page on FB “laser hacker” info is shared thee as well..
Oh, I didn't realise you were the seller, my apologies. Again thank you for the very quick delivery.

Yes I got them running, attached to a heatsink and powered by an apple charger (5V/2A). Used a dichroic mirror and I now have a "yellow" output.

I am waiting for some new holographic plates to start testing, but without a light meter I'll be doing some exposure tests first. Any chance you have a rough idea what the output might be of the two lasers?
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

You will need to tune these lasers for SLM ....

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h ... 6783503061
Eikie

Post by Eikie »

holomaker wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:12 am You will need to tune these lasers for SLM ....

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h ... 6783503061
I will check out those fringes, I assume I have to do something with the little screen on the driver?
John Klayer

Post by John Klayer »

Does it have to be in Instagram? Can't you just post it on this forum?
Eikie

Post by Eikie »

John Klayer wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:25 am Does it have to be in Instagram? Can't you just post it on this forum?
The video isn't to clear (to me). It seems to show an expanded laserbeam being reflected on a glass plate onto a wall. The reflection on the wall shows steady dark bands.

Apparently that is what I need to have, but am unsure how to get that (as in how to tune the unit).
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

I show you the setup so you can duplicate ... if dark steady bands are not seen we need to retune it ..
Eikie

Post by Eikie »

holomaker wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:17 pm I show you the setup so you can duplicate ... if dark steady bands are not seen we need to retune it ..
Just to be sure:

I expand the laser beam, point at a glass plate and see if the reflection on a wall has those dark bands?
If not, I turn the little screw on the blue block?
Clockwise or the other way and are we talking about a few degrees or multiple turns?

At the moment, the expanded beam looks very noisy, is this a product of dirty/wrong lens?
Attachments
PXL_20200928_082244726.jpg
PXL_20200928_082244726.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 5894 times
Loic74

Post by Loic74 »

That could come from the lens you are using.
In any case a spatial filter is a good investment in holography :)