Questions about Osram PB530 laser

Holography related topics.
Eikie

Re: Questions about Osram PB530 laser

Post by Eikie »

Loic74 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:19 am That could come from the lens you are using.
In any case a spatial filter is a good investment in holography :)
I have a spatial filter, but have issues aligning the two lasers correctly, let alone getting the filter aligned properly with one or both.
It will be the next step though. Steep learning curve ;)
Loic74

Post by Loic74 »

Eikie wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:06 am I have a spatial filter, but have issues aligning the two lasers correctly, let alone getting the filter aligned properly with one or both.
It will be the next step though. Steep learning curve ;)
Aligning three beams into a single spatial filter requires perfect co-linearity AND matched divergence of the beams. Good luck ;)
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Eikie wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:10 pm

Just to be sure:

I expand the laser beam, point at a glass plate and see if the reflection on a wall has those dark bands
At the moment, the expanded beam looks very noisy, is this a product of dirty/wrong lens?
It looks like your using a coated lens for a different wavelength, if you dare to remove the factory installed optics you will get a beautiful expanded beam that’s perfect for doing one beam work, DCG and Photopolymer Denisyuk’s. A word about the factory installed optics , when expanding beam be sure to locate your optics at least 8”+ in front of laser ad they have a projected pinhole and your optics will work cleaner...
Eikie

Post by Eikie »

holomaker wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:50 pm
Eikie wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:10 pm

Just to be sure:

I expand the laser beam, point at a glass plate and see if the reflection on a wall has those dark bands
At the moment, the expanded beam looks very noisy, is this a product of dirty/wrong lens?
It looks like your using a coated lens for a different wavelength, if you dare to remove the factory installed optics you will get a beautiful expanded beam that’s perfect for doing one beam work, DCG and Photopolymer Denisyuk’s. A word about the factory installed optics , when expanding beam be sure to locate your optics at least 8”+ in front of laser ad they have a projected pinhole and your optics will work cleaner...
Thanks, I will consider that. Was planning on using the two colors together, but I guess when removing the optics that is out of the question.

I'll also try another lens, this one was an unknown lens and will try the 8" to see if there is any difference.

Really appreciate the help...
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Any updates?
Eikie

Post by Eikie »

holomaker wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:42 amAny updates?
Apart from moving house and a subsequent covid infection, no.

At the moment recovering, but no energy to tinker with lasers.

Thanks for asking.