Alternative photopolymer film

Holography related topics.
Tekosh

Alternative photopolymer film

Post by Tekosh »

Hey all,

I am aware of Covestro and Zilux films.
But are there any alternative films I can use?
I am looking for the same type of photopolymers that needs no crazy post-processing steps.
jrburns47

Re: Alternative photopolymer film

Post by jrburns47 »

Covestro needs nothing except exposure to sunlight. Zilux I think has to be heated. Pick your poison or mix your own from the many recipes available in the literature,
Tekosh

Post by Tekosh »

The problem with Covestro is that it's not transparent enough.
I want over 98% transparency. I get 92% right now.
Tekosh

Post by Tekosh »

jrburns47 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:47 pm Covestro needs nothing except exposure to sunlight. Zilux I think has to be heated. Pick your poison or mix your own from the many recipes available in the literature,
The problem with Covestro is that it's not transparent enough.
I want over 98% transparency. I get 92% right now.
lobaz

Post by lobaz »

Tekosh wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:57 pm I want over 98% transparency. I get 92% right now.
How do you measure transparency, Tekosh? If it is just power after the photopolymer / power in front of, I doubt you can get over about 92% due to Fresnel reflections -- you lose about 4% at both air-photopolymer boundaries. I don't think you can get 98% without antireflective coatings.
Tekosh

Post by Tekosh »

lobaz wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:03 pm
Tekosh wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:57 pm I want over 98% transparency. I get 92% right now.
How do you measure transparency, Tekosh? If it is just power after the photopolymer / power in front of, I doubt you can get over about 92% due to Fresnel reflections -- you lose about 4% at both air-photopolymer boundaries. I don't think you can get 98% without antireflective coatings.
I did take off 8% due to reflections. The exposed film seems yellow. I need it close to fully transparent.
jrburns47

Post by jrburns47 »

Talk to Covestro. If you’re prepared to make a custom order, they’ll make you whatever you want. They may also have limited quantities of custom films already made up. I’m guessing that you wouldn’t be the first customer requesting this.