DIGITAL 2011

Holography related topics.
Arturo

DIGITAL 2011

Post by Arturo »

Thanks for keeping us informed, please keep showing your new images!

I have two questions.

1) What is the geometry to generate the images? Do you use a parallel displacement, like in the picture below or do you 'point' the camera at the subject?

2) What power, film size and slit width are you using?

Thanks again!
PinkysBrain

DIGITAL 2011

Post by PinkysBrain »

How many directions can you record with this kind of method before noise starts to kill you?
holomaker

DIGITAL 2011

Post by holomaker »

Arturo wrote:Thanks for keeping us informed, please keep showing your new images!

I have two questions.

1) What is the geometry to generate the images? Do you use a parallel displacement, like in the picture below or do you 'point' the camera at the subject?

the current method i have used fot this test image was to use papallel displacement and recenter the pictures........... that may change depending on what im shooting

2) What power, film size and slit width are you using?

im using 40mw hene /fuji film strip 2"x10" and the slit width is .250"

PinkysBrain wrote:How many directions can you record with this kind of method before noise starts to kill you?
i suppose 3 directions(or more) are possible with fuji film? (havent tried it)

i shot 32 exposuer integral master last night using my test images and realised i need to allow some time in between exposuers as some slits had less brightness compared to the others. ill try another try tonight with some settle time in between. Ive ordered a relay controller board that should do a nice job automating every thing so there will be a lot less time of me sitting in the dark pressing buttons! :shock:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 30, 2011 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arturo

DIGITAL 2011

Post by Arturo »

Thanks for the quick answer!
holomaker

DIGITAL 2011

Post by holomaker »

This relay should really make things run nicely , with four timed relays (only need three now) , cycle will be ; relay#1 triggers shutter timer, then after shutter closes, relay#2 triggers the advance time for the new slit position, relay#3 now advances to the next picture, cycle complete .........start over.

im using two Uniblitz shutter drivers one for shutter the other drives the slit advance, i wont need to regulate the timing cycle for these two as they will run from a trigger pulse and i can fine tune timing intervals via controls on the shutter drives them selves. keeping the computer program un touched.For the photo driver i want to get away from using my lap top to run the images and ill be purchasing a sony photo frame # V900 as this unit has a HMDI output and a button advance during slide show presentation (the third relay will be used here).................... i hope it all works!

http://denkovi.com/product/44/usb-four- ... ation.html
holomaker

DIGITAL 2011

Post by holomaker »

heres a quick shot of my first try at true integral hologram, as said above ive got to give some settling time and see if that improves consistency a bit. I made a picture
befor bleaching and you can easily see ive got just a slight overlap shot to shot .....................
Attachments
#1 integral skull
#1 integral skull
dannybee

DIGITAL 2011

Post by dannybee »

Wow way cool , Holo multi printer for all holographer to use. this will make multiplex printing avalible to all of us...way to go david :D
holomaker

DIGITAL 2011

Post by holomaker »

dannybee wrote: this will make multiplex printing avalible to all of us..
Heck yea Danny, with a $250 budget to boot as well ! Thanks too

I re shot the skull (my favorite test object),integral last night with great succes. After alllowing a longer settle time(30 sec) between exposuers, the master came out as perfect as can be expected. The actual video shooting had some issues, lighting ,etc... but we'll get much better results next time arround !
Attachments
digital skull master
digital skull master
favalora

DIGITAL 2011

Post by favalora »

Hi Holomaker -

Do you think you will need to assemble the projected 2D patterns using a method in which you "shuffle" (select amongst) the columns of the various source-images, so that an observer at the anticipated viewing distance will see the appropriate image-pieces? I see that you needed to recenter them, but I wonder if you also need to do some column-wise resampling.

-g
djm

DIGITAL 2011

Post by djm »

Very interesting, Holomaker.

What do you think about the resolution of the Pico projector? The native resolution is 854 x 480. Is it easy to see the pixels in the hologram?

The Pico projector seems great since it doesn´t protest when the LEDs are disconnected, compared to, eg, the blue LD Casio projectors.