cheap photopolymer holography?

Holography related topics.
gezzer

cheap photopolymer holography?

Post by gezzer »

Hello, i found some uv sensitive thin film photopolymer material on ebay, and ordered it for circuit board etching. i've read somewhere these photopolymers are sensitive in the 350-450nm range so the first thing i thought is, can we make blue/violet holograms on them?

similiar items by other companies suggest 150-300mJ/cm2 of exposure, and developing is rather easy, in it's normal usage the film on copper board is exposed with the pcb artwork, negative development is done by sodium carbonate solution, board is etched, then remaining image is stripped with NaOH solution. there are few similiar photopolymers(Positive 20) that are developed for positive image with NaOH, so i think we can develop this material for positive too.

the material itself is pretty much cheap($3 free shipping for 15cm*200cm): http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Roll-Dry-Film ... 3f50956e5a

here is the page of the material i took reference for the sensitivity, i know the actual sensitivity might be far away from these values it's best to measure it yourselves: http://www.thinktink.com/stack/volumes/ ... 15spec.htm

i have no idea how to laminate this film on glass for plate making, mine is not arrived yet, but i recommend holographers with applicable blue-violet lasers to buy and give it a try, it's cheap!(i'm not the sales person lol)

the other thing is knowledgeable folks here might suggest a way to sensitize this material for red/green since this film itself makes a good starting material with good finish.

have a nice day.
holomaker

Re: cheap photopolymer holography?

Post by holomaker »

We're u able to test this film? Results?
lobaz

Re: cheap photopolymer holography?

Post by lobaz »

It seems it is a photoresist, not a photopolymer.
Anyway, I have no idea if it is useful for holography.