Different small tables...

Holography related topics.
alan.bogana

Different small tables...

Post by alan.bogana »

Hello guys,

I'm planning to make 30 x 40cm transmission and rainbow holograms in a not very quiet place (the floor tend to vibrate a bit).
For the table I found several granite slabs 60 x 90 cm big and 3cm thick. I created 5 different tables. I'm using some heavy duty trestles, a 2cm thick MDF board, inner tubes and above it the granite slabs. A Michelson interferometer shows that the dampening works on each single table... I did some tests with some small format holograms, single beam transmission, and it seems to be working...
For more complex settings (multi beam, H1 to H2) I'm afraid though that these separate tables might be useless...

I read several posts about vibrations and table ideas. From what I understand, what seems to be fundamental is the relative motionless between the object and the plate and the laser could be on a separate table. What about beamsplitter, spatial filter and mirror ?

I started with holography a couple of years ago and I managed to do some bright 30 x 40cm multi beam transmission holograms on two separate basic MDF tables (it was in a quiet basement, concrete floor, in the country side though...).

Any idea on how I could use these different granite slabs to make only one table ? I don't want to use sand...

Best
Alan
HoloM

Re: Different small tables...

Post by HoloM »

Hi, can you post pictures of your table(s) ?

How are your tables connected?
What does the michelson say, when built over two tables?

Did you check path length by doing the splitbeam holograms?

Motion is critical to every component after (and including) the beamsplitter.