Introductions

Holography related topics.
holomaker

Introductions

Post by holomaker »

Yes Yes Welcome and hooray! it's a another one on our team!
djm

Introductions

Post by djm »

Welcome Bruno,

Holography can be quite interesting for armchair holographers also. :)
a_k

Introductions

Post by a_k »

Welcome Bruno and thanks for introducing yourself.

I've merged your thread into the already existing "Introductions" thread and moved it to "General Holography" for better visibility.
Bruno

Introductions

Post by Bruno »

Thanks everyone!

@Johnfp My reticence to dispense opinion at this point in my "career" stems from my daytime job. I design audio amplifiers and associated gear. So, sometimes I have to show up on audio forums. This immediately draws two types of crowds: the star-struck and the me-toos. Especially the latter make me feel relieved when I can withdraw from the forum and get back behind the lab bench. So now I'm joining a forum where I'm definitely no expert and I'd hate to get up the real experts' noses by making foolish comments. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end. Asking foolish questions on the other hand is not beyond me :)
BobH

Introductions

Post by BobH »

Thanks for your consideration Bruno! Much of what you may want to know initially is in the archive. Use the search function liberally. And feel free to ask whatever you think may be a stupid question. I often find that reexamination of fundamental issues keeps them in the front of my mind, which is good for when problems arise. It's all too easy to go right for complex solutions when it's often simple things disregarded that turns out to be the problem.
holorefugee

Introductions

Post by holorefugee »

Hi Bruno,

Can you recommend a link to a for schematic for a 15 to 20 watt two stage tube Class A amplifier?

I'll trade for holography info.

Cheers,

Colin
John Sonley

Introductions

Post by John Sonley »

About 20 years ago I was on a business trip to Stockholm and walked past a shop selling holograms.

What I saw fascinated me and I wanted to learn that more. At that time I was working for a company that had good years and bad years and I felt I needed a change.

Living in a fairly large house with a basement I built my first holography laboratory.

I bought a 10 mW Spectra Physics laser and built/bought the rest of the equipment necessary to make holograms based on a sandbox.
As a scientist and engineer I learned a how to make a hologram, initially very badly but slowly they improved - the learning curve to holography was the longest of any venture I have attempted

After about a year my job was not going well and I decided to create a business making holograms.

With a Wife, two teenage children and a mortgage I started to do my sums and realised at a fairly early stage that with the technology I had at my disposal, to produce small 5” X 4” green and yellow holograms and thereafter sell them was not going to generate sufficient money to pay my outgoings.

Fortunately, common sense eventually prevailed and I re-directed my attentions to creating a consultancy in the oil and gas industry. This proved to be a good decision and the consultancy prospered for 20 years until my retirement four years ago, when I sold it to my business partner

Now, in retirement I have the time to indulge myself in my hobby, making holograms.

In the summer I am busy in the garden but during the winter I come inside to my holography laboratory and enjoy myself
If you have a look at my web site to view my laboratory and the holograms I make:
http://www.johnsonley.myzen.co.uk
You will see some of the holograms I make and it is no longer a business, all I try to do is to recover the costs of the chemicals and film
jdufrasne

Introductions

Post by jdufrasne »

Hi John,

Welcome aboard.
Seems I've already see your work.
dannybee

Introductions

Post by dannybee »

Nice Holograms John :D
BobH

Introductions