Laser pico projector for making color holograms

Holography related topics.
Kristiaan Meerlo

Laser pico projector for making color holograms

Post by Kristiaan Meerlo »

Hi everybody. It is a long time ago that i write something in English but i give a try.
David ( holomaker ) sell very interesting lasers from laser pico projectors. I search for it on the internet and looks that the pico laser engine is a
very interesting module to make color holograms.
I order one on the internet.
The green laser is good to make holograms but the red and blue i don't know. I am not sure if it is mode hopping you have to play with the current and temperature.
First when i receive the projector i will remove one mirror out of the projector then the white laserbeam will pass the scanner. That means i have a perfect alignt laserbeam. I connect the projector to a I phone and i will send a white screen to the projector that means that the laser beam willbe white.
If i want to controll the current for the red and blue diode I will send another color to the projector. The temperature controll is more tricky
Look at this link for the construction off the laser engine.

https://www.experimental-engineering.co ... projector/

If it doesnt work to make holograms with it then it is a perfect light to illuminate a hologram.
I am very curious if it works. you have perfect color control to make a color hologram. I let you know the results.
holomaker

Re: Laser pico projector for making color holograms

Post by holomaker »

Hello kris, yes these are amazing little green lasers, I’ve done a quick check and the red and blue lasers are not suitable for making holograms, but as you say are great for displaying holograms (TM00),If you are interested in the light engines w the three lasers ,I have them here new and unused .A white light pointer can be made from the projector if you’re willing to drill a hole in the side of it ? 😃🔫
Attachments
AB7F4435-948B-43D9-995A-B8B60C812873.jpeg
AB7F4435-948B-43D9-995A-B8B60C812873.jpeg (805.65 KiB) Viewed 34147 times
Kristiaan Meerlo

Hi David thanks for the information, i was thinking that nobody try the red and blue laser if they are suitable for holography :oops:

What is the price for one complete module? maybe i am interested. First i want to try the projector i ordered on the internet.

Did you play with the current and temperature to get a stable zone?

When i receive the module i try to make a color hologram on a Ultimate holoplate.
I will try different output powers and maybe i am lucky to make a hologram :D
I have a TEC temperature controller and i can place the module on it. That means that all the 3 lasers are with the same temperature but maybe i am lucky that they are at the same temperature stable.
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

I have complete unused light engines that contain three lasers and a bunch of micro optical stuff as well, these would be working untested units for $50 each, but it’s not easy to remove these without possible damage... that’s why I sell the green lasers already removed with pigtails soldered on and tested for SLM, out of the 30 pieces I’ve tested all will maintain SLM.... shipping cost is a minimum as it’s in an envelope. Anyone interested send me a PM with your email address and I’ll send you a PayPal button to make the purchase, I like to use this method as it is set up for ease of printing shipping labels and overall keeping track of sales, thank you DB
Attachments
691978C3-9384-4A5E-9DF7-414727CCFB3F.jpeg
691978C3-9384-4A5E-9DF7-414727CCFB3F.jpeg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 34122 times
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Here’s a picture of the light engine only, if anyone is interested I have a FB group called”laser hacker” where you can see these units in more detail, you will have to ask to join ...
Attachments
9B114B63-B3D5-4574-B838-DBA3CA8ADE06.jpeg
9B114B63-B3D5-4574-B838-DBA3CA8ADE06.jpeg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 34120 times
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Chris the engine itself is difficult to drive when it’s in the housing, if you want to separately drive the lasers, would be much easier, as the pico software my be difficult to overcome
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Maybe I spoke to soon ! At a low setting the blue and red diodes show solid banding, so it may be possible with the outputs set to like 5-10 mW they might produce a colored hologram, problem I see is the green laser needs a good amount of power to run SLM , so It may over saturate ... when I go back to the bench I’ll Give it a try .
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Kristiaan Meerlo wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:31 am That means that all the 3 lasers are with the same temperature but maybe i am lucky that they are at the same temperature stable.

Correct!
So this means you will have to adjust each lasers
Power to achieve single mode as well as find an optimum temperature So run red/blue laser w separate drivers and use two drivers for the green laser (one is for heater), the driver for the heater should have a good multi turn potentiometer to adjust the resistance coil.
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Ok success 650nm @20mw ! First shot was set to 50mw
and had multimode (sliced bread)

Shot using Liti film w 2-4 min exposure
Attachments
199198DA-DB0F-4445-9E6B-D47CE6DF516C.jpeg
199198DA-DB0F-4445-9E6B-D47CE6DF516C.jpeg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 34038 times
Last edited by holomaker on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristiaan Meerlo

Very Nice hologram, did you make it with the green laser? It looks very promissing.

I was thinking if it is possible to use the 'scanner' from the projector for scanning the holoplate and offcourse the object to make a hologram.
I mean if it is possible to slow the frequentie of the scanner so that the very small laser beam scans the holoplate and the object that means a lot of energy pro mm2 and no more difficulties for a moving object.