Sorry, don't speak Russian, but looking for paper

Supported by http://www.holography.ru
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Hello fellow holographers in Russia. I was wondering if any of the folks on this forum who also speak English have access to the following paper:

"Modification of hologram development in layers of dichromated gelatin, Sherstyuk, V.P.; Shevchenko, S.B.; Mazur, L.E.; Dotsenko, V.P. USSR Editor(s): Barachevskii, V.A., Fotokhim Protsessy Regist. Gologramm, [Mater. Vses. Semin.] 2nd (1983), Meeting date 1982, 146-52. Publisher: Akad. Nauk SSSR, Fiz.-Tekh. Inst., Leningrad USSR CODEN: 53SJAX

Abstract:

A method is described of development of holograms recorded on dichromated gelatin. The method providing increased diffraction efficiency includes a step of processing with aq. citric acid."

If anyone has access to this paper, and is willing to provide a brief summary of the practical details in English, I will be very pleased to pay $40 via PayPal. Thanks for your consideration,

Joe Farina
Gall

Post by Gall »

Oh, this may be hard to find. Virtually no chance to find in library. However, participants of this conference should have them. I'll translate your question in Russian.

BTW, Russian citizens cannot accept PayPal payments. PayPal works in a send-only mode for Russia.

Господа, ищется: "Фотохимические процессы регистрации голограмм", материалы Всесоюзного семинара 1982 года в Ленинграде. Статья Шерстюка, Шевченко и др. про проявление БХЖ (видимо, "Модификация проявления голограмм в слое бихромированной желатины"). За краткую сводку практических деталей предлагается 40 долларов.
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Thank you for translating the question. I'm sure there's another way to get $40 to Russia :wink:
holos

Post by holos »

I've called the author of this report, prof. V. Barachevsky today. He has professional business trip in France now. He can help you and find this report. Need wait some time.
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it.
holos

Post by holos »

Prof. Barachevsky will come back to Moscow on June, 2nd. Then he can make the copy of the report and send it either to me or to you.
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Thank you very much. When the time comes, please let me know where/how to send the $40. Do you think someone would be willing to translate some of the practical parts of the paper into English? I would greatly appreciate that. I know that translating can be difficult, so I would be happy to send some extra compensation, if any extra work is involved. I'm basically interested in the main idea or theory behind the paper, and a description of the process (so I can try it). Thanks again, Joe
holos

Post by holos »

Nothing money! We must hang together. But this report was write on Russian! Search a good dictionary :(
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Thanks, I will do that.
Gall

Post by Gall »

I can translate it for free.