Datasheet translation help

Supported by http://www.holography.ru
Cristiano_Perrucci

Post by Cristiano_Perrucci »

Hi,
I'm a English Holography Forum member. I bought a flashlamp for my ruby on ebay but the datasheet is in Russian and I don't speak your language at all, so I'd like to ask you the favour to traslate it for me From Russian to English.
Here is the link put on the net by another guy who use the same flashlamp:

http://kng.puh.org/laser/ruby/800j_tube.pdf

If somebody want to help me it would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Cristiano, Italy
Gall

Post by Gall »

Of course.

This lamp may operate in three modes - A, B and C (Russian letters А, Б, В - A, B, V). Its pulse energy is up to 800 J.
Mode A is air cooling.
Modes B and C are water cooling. The cooled area is designated with long Russian text on the drawing :) . Modes B and C differ in voltage and pulse duration.
Maximum pulse frequency is 1/15 Hz in mode A, 1 Hz in mode B and 10 Hz (3 minutes max, then 20 minutes cooling) in C. Lifetime is up to 30000 pulses (A, 5000 pulses (B), 50000 pulses (C).

Starting voltage - less than 700 V (new), 900 V (used)
Break-through voltage - greater than 2500 V
Pulse energy in modes A and B - up to 800 J, in mode C up to 400 J
Required starting pulse is 16 to 24 kV.

Operating voltage: modes A and B - 1440-1760 V, mode C - 1260-1540 V
Capacitor required: 540-660 uF for A and B, 360-440 uF for C.
Wires between the lamp and the capacitor should have DC resistance less than 0.05 Ohm.

It is recommended to use some kind of hard protective case around the lamp as it may explode.

Other parameters are not so important - starting delay, amount of gold and silver etc. I can translate them as well if you want.
Cristiano_Perrucci

Post by Cristiano_Perrucci »

Gall wrote:Of course.

This lamp may operate ... omissis...
Thank you very much for your quick translation. Flashlamp parameters confirm that it could be used for pumping a ruby rod.

Again thanks,
Cristiano
Gall

Post by Gall »

Cristiano_Perrucci wrote:
Gall wrote:Of course.

This lamp may operate ... omissis...
Thank you very much for your quick translation. Flashlamp parameters confirm that it could be used for pumping a ruby rod.

Again thanks,
Cristiano
I'm glad to help you!

In fact, the datasheet designates that this lamp is designed for laser pumping.

As far as I know, Soviet xenon flashlamps have marking starting with "IF-" ("ИФ-") letters ("I" stands for "Impulse" [same in Russian]) and "F" stands for something I don't know). The third letter meand the lamp shape ("P" ("П") is "straight", "K" is "ring-shaped" (U-shaped is considered ring as well) etc.). These letters are followed with a number - maximum pulse energy in Joules. So, "IFP-800" is "straight impulse lamp 800 J", while "IFK-120" is "ring (U-shaped) impulse lamp 120 J'. IFK-120 is the most common one from photo flashes. I believe that ALL Soviet straight xenon flashlamps ("IFP-xxx", "ИФП-xxx") are designed for lasers, while U-shaped, ring and spherical ones are for other uses.