Holographs

Archive donated by http://www.holography.ru - Converted by HoloM.
Wendy Jackson

Holographs

Post by Wendy Jackson »

Some of the holographs I made were good and some were cloudy. Is it the developer?
Sergey Vorobyov

Holographs

Post by Sergey Vorobyov »

What laser, photoplates and developer you used? Denisyuk holograms or Leith holograms you made?
Wendy Jackson

Holographs

Post by Wendy Jackson »

Thank you for response.
The stuff is:
He-Ne laser, Denisyuk scheme, BB plates, Developer - Pyrochrome.
Jduf

Holographs

Post by Jduf »

Which bleach do you use ?
Jean
Sergey Vorobyov

Holographs

I want propose you use Russian photoplates PFG-03m and GP-3 developer. This process very simple (don't have bleach, only develop and fix) and provide a high quality of holograms. I can give you more detail information about it.
Ronny Andreassen

Holographs

Post by Ronny Andreassen »

The last BB-plates are very very god. Please take a look at Vidar Hegdals webpage (Holography in Norway) and see the very good and clear holograms we made on them. Pyro is good on these plates and with the correct bleach you'll achieve a glass-clear (noise free) Green hologram. If you use SM-6 developer and the same bleach you'll get an very nice Orange hologram. Please take a look at the page I mentioned above and Get Inspired :-) The PFG-03M plates are very good too but the exposure time is longer:-)
Martin

Holographs

Post by Martin »

quote:Originally posted by Sergey Vorobyov:
I want propose you use Russian photoplates PFG-03m and GP-3 developer. This process very simple (don't have bleach, only develop and fix) and provide a high quality of holograms. I can give you more detail information about it.Using PFG-03M films, I was surprised to learn that "MM-Collo 1" actually performed better than any of the GP developers. It yielded smaller grains, resulting in a yellow emulsion. Hence bright green images were produced.MM-Collo 1 stock solution:Metol...................................2g
Ascorbic acid.....................7g
Methylphenidone.............0,5g
Potassium bromide........... 3g
Potassium carbonate.......20g
Ammonium thiocyanate......2g
Distilled water................... 1LDilute 1 : 50 or up to 1:100 (with distilled water). Development time: 30 min.
Sergey Vorobyov

Holographs

Interesting formula for developer - MM-Collo 1. I shell try this developer.The pyrochrom developer are not stable, I think. And I found the next developer for BB plates (see SPIE v.3358, p.28, author - Richard Birenheide):
- water 700 cc
- sodium carbonate,
anhydrous 70 g
- sodium hydroxide 15 g
- methol 4 g
- ascorbic acid 25 g
- add water to 1000 ccBleach:
- water 700 cc
- copper sulfate
(pentahydrate) 35 g
- potassium bromide 100 g
- sodium hydrogen
sulfate crystals 5 g
- add water to 1000 cc
Martin

Holographs

Post by Martin »

quote:Originally posted by Sergey Vorobyov:
Interesting formula for developer - MM-Collo 1. I shell try this developer.The pyrochrom developer are not stable, I think. And I found the next developer for BB plates (see SPIE v.3358, p.28, author - Richard Birenheide):
- water 700 cc
- sodium carbonate,
anhydrous 70 g
- sodium hydroxide 15 g
- methol 4 g
- ascorbic acid 25 g
- add water to 1000 ccBleach:
- water 700 cc
- copper sulfate
(pentahydrate) 35 g
- potassium bromide 100 g
- sodium hydrogen
sulfate crystals 5 g
- add water to 1000 ccRight. Pyrogallol developers are not stable.The new developer you mentioned was designed by Jeff Blyth. It works great not only on HRT but also on PFG-03 (said to give a 3x speed enhancement). Meanwhile, it has been re-named, it is now labeled "JD-4".
Sergey Vorobyov

Holographs

Good day today - I find all component for MM-Collo developer (the ascorbic asid I find in chemist's shop) and made comparative develop in MM-Collo and GP-3. The time of develop:
MM-Collo - 30 min, dilute 1:50
GP-3 - 5 min, dilute 1:30
Temperature - 19C.
Result: image of hologram after MM-Collo is more red and bgight is some less then for GP-3.
Need test dilute 1:100 and change time of record of hologram - the sensitivity of PFG-03 can be change for MM-Color.
But 30 min of develop - I can sleep in my cellar.