NO LUCK FINDING A REAL HOLOGRAPHER FOR HIRE

Looking to work in holography? Need a holographer? Post here!
horrifi cholo

Post by horrifi cholo »

Hello my name is Micheal and I'm looking for a Holographer to for some work done. I thought that the first couple of guys that responded were serious but my time was completely wasted so I'm posting this again. The pay for this will be between $200 and $400 depending on quality,size, and the time it takes for the work to be done for final production. I need a Holographer who can produce his/her own emulsion and has his/her own equipment supplies. I will be needing this hologram created on a specialized film that I will be producing Polyester PET film. If the emulsion is silver halide or dichromate gelatin that is fine. The following link viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5475 is very similiar to how I want the hologram to come out looking. Payment will be done via escrow or paypal and if everything works out I will be needing this done on a ongoing basis so please if you are able to handle this type of work and maybe have some work you can show me. Then get in contact with me. It would be my preference to have this done by January 20th, 2008. My cellphone is 843-318-1589. Please contact if you are set up and ready to go.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Ok now Michael, I see you have changed your tune a little. Now you are suggesting a more realistic price now. You are still stuck on this PET film that you purchased and want some one to research on how to use it without any information on its sensitizing or processing. As I questioned you, why do you want to pay $100 to make a copy of a $25 pharaoh? if you approached this with some common sense, and have your pharaoh bust shot on some NORMAL film such as Fuji or what ever, you may actually get your hologram made .........good luck!

I shoot bright holograms all the time, (you can see one on the right here),on Fuji film with no problems; I may suggest Loose the PET film!
BobH

Post by BobH »

I think Michael wants someone who's coating plates with their own emulsion and shooting holograms every day to just do one on his base material. Too bad Holodisk is gone, I think he and Michael would get along well! :) And Dinesh at Triple Take Holographics. If none of the regular DCG or photopolymer guys here want to deal with it, I'd certainly recommend Dinesh. :wink:
Dutchelm05

Post by Dutchelm05 »

I was one willing to work with horrifi but found his personality to be a mismatch with mine. I don’t care about the money but I was interested in collaborating with people on projects. During e-mail correspondence he was basically rude and abrupt. He sent some photos and I gave my input, weeks later (maybe more) he responded. He did not comment on any of my suggestions or ideas. I told him I was no longer interested. Perhaps someone else on the forum can help this guy out. Perhaps I mis-read him so don't take what I said as gospel.
salvee

Post by salvee »

Wow- - 400 whole dollars for weeks of work/research/headaches to coat your special substrate, and then shooting the hologram? I'm surprised no one has snapped up your offer!!
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Hey Dutch, how did you coat the film? I would imagine Meyer bar the be the easiest after you tape down the film. Or did you attach the film to glass and then do a Veil and Spin or Mold?

I tried coating poly and it's a bit more difficult then glass, that's for sure.
Dutchelm05

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Hey John,

I never even got that far. I think he wanted a DCG image first. But like I said his personality rubbed me the wrong way.

Peace
Anthion

Post by Anthion »

I realize this is quite a few months late but I just joined and saw this post.

I'm a professional holographer and I have seen inquiries like this many times in the past few decades.

When he refers to polyester film he is almost certainly talking about an embossed hologram.

Mass production embossed holographic items require a large technical infrastructure. The cost of mastering for this process would certainly be more than $200-$400. More like $200-$400 PER HOUR with up to 72 hours just going into the artwork. Not to mention photo-resist mastering costs, tooling, embossing, metalizing. etc. . Heck, just the un-coated substrate for a photo-resist plate could cost $200.

My radar perks up at these types of inquiries. My experience in the past has usually been with shady characters attempting to duplicate established security or authentication labels for less than honest purposes.

Please be sure not to confuse what I'm saying here with an accusation. It is simply meant to be a caution.

My respects to anyone trying to make a living in the world of holography.

Anthion
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Welcome Anthion!!!