Crowd-fund & share your passion

Starting point for beginners questions.
thycore

Crowd-fund & share your passion

Post by thycore »

Hey !

When I was trying to find money to buy a a new power supply for a laser, it came to my mind that I never tried crowd-funding before.

Guess what, I gave it a try : https://fr.ulule.com/holographie-laser/

And... it worked ! I reached my initial goal in like 2 days !

This campaign is aimed at french people, therefore my video & explanations are for french people but.. hey, if you ever need the same, give it a try for yourself !

I made it so that in counterpart of contributors I'll send a reflection hologram recorded on a glass plate (which is fair).

So yeah, don't hesitate to crowd-share your passion for holography, there are definitely people outthere who may want to share your dreams :) !
pluto

Re: Crowd-fund & share your passion

Post by pluto »

The holograms shown in your examples video are brilliant! Very concrete looking, truly like a window into a box with the real object!

What type of laser and formulation are you currently using? Are these all recorded based on transmission masters?
thycore

Re: Crowd-fund & share your passion

Post by thycore »

These are simple reflection deniyusuk holograms :-)
No transmission / master here

I used :

Plates from Yves Gentet’s Ultimate U08M with R
Sensitivity and 70nm preshift ( makes the developed hologram yellow-green instead of red)

Laser is a Hene uniphase 1125 which I believe to be something like 5-6 mW and not polarized.

Exposure time is approx 10 secs on a very stable set-up

Developer chemistry is the one provided with plates. Developing time 4 minutes

Bleach also comes from Ultimate-holography. Bleaching time 3 minutes

I made a remote control laser shutter with an arduino and a step motor which rotates a cardboard.