I'd like to improve my Denisyuk set up from this :
Fig_07.jpg
Fig_07.jpg (39.4 KiB) Viewed 5061 times
fig1

To something like this :
Fig_06.jpg
Fig_06.jpg (44.21 KiB) Viewed 5061 times
fig2

My belief is the 2nd set-up here would allow deeper scenes to be recorded without the hazzle of going through a master H1 then H1/H2 process.
(at least my readings on this page http://www.optique-ingenieur.org/en/cou ... ntenu.html seems to let me think of this)

Questions for the gurus :

- Is a collimating mirror really necessary (does it have any other benefit than avoiding light getting lost off the set-up ? does it deal with final viewable-angle of the hologram ?)
- Why exactly would a set-up like fig2 allow deeper scene ? (is this related to the object reflected beam which can be controlled to be of a higher intensity than reference beam ?

Also, at which point -exactly- does the spatial filter become mandatory ? I understand this helps saving some resolution and keep unnecessary interferences out of the interferences we want on the plate, so, this would become necessary only if my object requires a very high definition ? does it play anything with possible depth of the scene ?)

Again, thanks for your help !
holomaker

Re: Improve depth & viewing angle on reflection holograms

Post by holomaker »

As long as laser has enough coherence life you can get away with that , I took your picture and added a couple of kicker mirrors to it, which will allow you see deeper into the scene and around the object, you need to be careful to not let the mirror reflect back to the plate directly but by using frosted mirrors , concave mirrors a one to one ratio can Achieved!
Attachments
3BB4BF81-FB5A-4008-8863-477297E57209.jpeg
3BB4BF81-FB5A-4008-8863-477297E57209.jpeg (57.3 KiB) Viewed 5057 times
thycore

Post by thycore »

Basically any white background and surrounding neige ngs stuff would do ?

What’s the mechanic ? We increase object beam intensity for lateral parts of it ?
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

<t>If let’s say this was a flat surface and four kicker mirrors arround the flat subject each mirror would add to the overall brightness of the object, a good kicker is tinfoil glued to glass and placed strategically ...</t>

https://youtu.be/cAX8uSc8Fnk

If you look closely you’ll see the frosted kickers at the skulls base