Two of the same laser instead of beam splitter?

Starting point for beginners questions.
Nnnn

Two of the same laser instead of beam splitter?

Post by Nnnn »

Happy holidays!

I got a surprise christmas present from my wonderful sister: the exact same integraf holography kit that I started out with :lol:

It's great to have more plates and developing formula, but I'm a bit curious about the lasers. I understand that for two beam setups it's important to have two beams as similar to each other as possible, so splitting one beam is optimal. But if there's two of the exact same model (diode) laser, should I be able to reproduce a multi beam setup without any mirrors/splitters?

Cheers!
HoloM

Re: Two of the same laser instead of beam splitter?

Post by HoloM »

No, it will not work, as the two beams are not coherent and will never be. You have to use one beam from the same source.
Nnnn

Post by Nnnn »

Good to know, thank you! That's about the answer I expected, but I'm grateful to have it confirmed without wasting any plates.
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Get a better laser befor you shoot again , green and red lasers are abundant on the web, the Liti lasers is like 5mw
You could get many Times the power using a decent diode or HeNe laser ....
Attachments
25mW 630nm laser diode
25mW 630nm laser diode
E6DB1718-19B2-4303-BDBE-BACBE30E83AA.jpeg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 5956 times
Nnnn

Post by Nnnn »

Yeah, I'm waiting now for a power supply to get started using these diodes you sent me! I guess I'll just have to come up with some other use for the integraf diodes. I guess they're probably good for playback of red transmission holograms.