H2 Question

Dichromated Gelatin.
Tony

H2 Question

Post by Tony »

I have always wondered about this question of what it is happenning when shooting an H2.

Let's say I shoot an H1 using 458nm (DCG or Silver). It is a hologram of a face with a depth of 3-4 inches. In the case of DCG I reprocess the plate to get a very nice centered single wavelength image. I then take a different laser, one of those high powered units that mode hops and has poor coherrence lenght maybe even poor TEM00. Set it up to shoot and I get a......??

I remember shooting with one of these mode hoppping lasers before and although I could not get results using a 3D object I was able to shoot coins with no slice bread. I am wondering if when shooting an H2, am I just shooting the plane of the glass? Or would I still get slice bread?

If I don't get slice bread, then I think that opens up some interesting possibilities.
holomaker

H2 Question

Post by holomaker »

I think you will still get the sliced bread, in order to eliminate these, the two interfering wave planes(H1,H2) have to be very parallel to each other (other wise slicing will occur very randomly),this is practiced in contact copying as it can be done with different light sources...

as far as the coins look closely at the edges of the coins for the banding could/should be seen there. Again these bands like to hide them selves on planer surfaces (parallel to the film plane).