Razors

Dichromated Gelatin.
holomaker

Razors

Post by holomaker »

That was my thought as well, as i watched him rip off the top of the a paper grocery bag and proceed to fill it with various finished dcgs, I kinda got a preview buy from him and I purchased the only hand/palm with an eye in the mid. ill get a pix posted of it ......
Jeffrey Weil

Razors

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

I got a bolo, not for the tie, just for the hologram. Its a large one with the checkerboard floor he's used a lot, chairs, people and his "glitter" effect. Other than the glitter it's achromatic.
holomaker

Razors

Post by holomaker »

heres mine,
Attachments
CIMG9253.JPG
Jeffrey Weil

Razors

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

aug.jpg
Dinesh

Razors

Post by Dinesh »

Actually, Jeff, the hologram you're showing was first made by Chris Rich (now owner of Wavefront) and myself at POC about 1987? 1988? I remember we were shooting some of Augie's pieces back then. Augie would send us the model and Chris and I would shoot it in dcg. I believe that Joanna had some kind of deal with Augie back then. That particular piece resonates with me because I remember Chris looking long and hard at the model. Suddenly he exclaimed to me, "Now I understand vanishing points!". This is not to say that the actual piece you're holding was one of ours from POC (after all, it would now be 25 years old if it were). Chris and I both made copies of it for ourselves. I lost mine in the Great Northridge earthquake of 1994. The house quite literally collapsed around me forcing me to abandon house in a hurry. I lost a number of holograms - including a test shot of a pulse hologram made by Rob Mundy and Paul Newman at Richmond of a champagen cork flying off the bottle and champagne gushing out - and all the issues of Sunny Bain's mag (Holography International?)

In fact, as an aside, Augie was taught by Don Broadbent who used to consult with us at NTS in 1986. Don later worked with us and right now Don's semi-retired and we're in his lab in San Marcos. We saw Don and his wife last year and Rosemary made a great comment that I simply have to share: "Old holographers don't die, they just become incoherent!" Now that's T shirt material!