holographyforum.org

Discuss the old forum and how we would like to go on.
Colin Kaminski

holographyforum.org

Post by Colin Kaminski »

a_k wrote:Colin, thank you for the legal advice.

Moderation means taking responsibility for each posting. To do that is not affordable for most private persons, including me. Having each posting approved delays the access to the information for all.

Forced membership, even to be able to read postings, is a quite drastic measure, which makes the access to the information difficult.

For the time being I'm prepared to bear the technical, administrative and legal burden of this forum. The aim is to provide the highest possible degree of freedom to express thoughts. No restrictions are part of the design. Spam and offending postings will be removed. Other than that, I'll comply with the swiss laws.

I don't like the commercial "social networks" and their motivations. The internet gives the possibility to organize oneself without having to be ruled externally. What I'm trying to offer is a place ruled by its participants. I gave the initial toss, feel free to co-decide where to go from here.

Ahmet
I agree, and instead of making the compromises I offered I chose to close. If you talk to me by email I can help you with a couple of technical decisions you will need to make. US law is in limbo and setting precedents is expensive.
Sergio

holographyforum.org

Post by Sergio »

Hello, just to thanks the Ahmet initiative, pretty fast, and for the very long Colin work on the last holography forum, I guess this initiative with present growing members number will be another success. Interesting, the forum archives is located at Switzerland now, a neutral country, perhaps a right place for a world holo "association".
a_k

holographyforum.org

Post by a_k »

Colin,

I already emailed you with a request and so did Joe. There was no answer from you. Instead you were offering legal and now technical advice.

US laws do not apply here, so whatever your experiences might have been with your legal system, they are of no direct use here.

About technical advice, i appreciate your offer, and would contact you if technical help is needed. I'm a systems analyst myself and the technical part of the story is the least of my sorrows.

You might have advice to share and i would be grateful if you would do so. But the help i was asking from you was to place a link on your forum or to contact the forum members or help me contacting them. Unfortunately i don't seem to get an answer to that request from you.

Ahmet
dannybee

holographyforum.org

Post by dannybee »

I think it was a bit of a over reaction, but I do under stand that this let Colins a way out to spend time with this family and not deal with this stuff. Which he has serve the holography community for many years faithfully, and now has the time to devote to that which he loves Holography.
jsfisher

holographyforum.org

Post by jsfisher »

This is a good group of people here. Let me add my "Me, too!" to those extending special thanks to Colin for his past dedication and to Ahmet for taking up the baton so quickly.
World's worst holographer
Colin Kaminski

holographyforum.org

Post by Colin Kaminski »

a_k wrote:Colin,

I already emailed you with a request and so did Joe. There was no answer from you. Instead you were offering legal and now technical advice.

US laws do not apply here, so whatever your experiences might have been with your legal system, they are of no direct use here.

About technical advice, i appreciate your offer, and would contact you if technical help is needed. I'm a systems analyst myself and the technical part of the story is the least of my sorrows.

You might have advice to share and i would be grateful if you would do so. But the help i was asking from you was to place a link on your forum or to contact the forum members or help me contacting them. Unfortunately i don't seem to get an answer to that request from you.

Ahmet
I have more experience fighting the SPAM bots. Other than that I am sure I have nothing to offer. I did not mean to offend you. Good Luck and bright holograms!

PS I did refer all people who have contacted me to this and Danny's forum. When I have the database up and running I will send a bulk email. Right now I have no access to my database.
dannybee

holographyforum.org

Post by dannybee »

yes thers 2 forum now one in the USA by Dave Battin & I and this one... at first I was going to close http://www.holosource.org/holography/viewforum.php?f=10 this one but I think holography is big enough for 2 forums. ;)
Its funny both started on the same day WOW :shock:
a_k

holographyforum.org

Post by a_k »

Thanks a lot for your help, Colin and for keeping the holographyforum up for such a long time.

Ahmet
Vidar

holographyforum.org

Post by Vidar »

First of all, thank you Colin for your hard work over the years. And of course, thank you Ahmet for creating the new forum. I'm in!
Paulos

holographyforum.org

Post by Paulos »

Thank you Ahmet for filling the gap so quickly.
.... but I think holography is big enough for 2 forums.
We all wish holography were big enough to support many forums, but for the time being it is just a niche.
Splitting the community is not just a brilliant idea, especially under extraordinary circumstances like this one.
Collaboration is what we need.