DLP projector for stereograms

Holography related topics.
Justin W

Post by Justin W »

Hi Ed
Thanks for the reply. Ground glass and opal flashed glass sound pretty darn cool but I imagine they will remain upgrades for a future time; In the time since I began to wonder about diffuser screens I have discovered that what I have available locally and within my budget is run-of-the-mill frosted glass (7/32 thick). I reckon I'll mount a sheet of that at least for the duration of the time I am verifying that all my ideas are sound and this gear will work in the first place.

When upgrade time arrives, I look forward to experimenting with some slightly more exotic diffusers. Thank you for the suggestions.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

For ground glass, a cheap way to go may be to buy some glass etching solution. For a quick-and-dirty way of trying a shot with ground glass, I make up the etching solution (usually a couple of dollars at any craft store) and dunk ordinary window glass. Around here in San Diego you can get an 8 x 10 sheet glass for two bucks from Home Depot. I then cut it up into 4 x 5's. So, for less than a dollar I've got a 4x5 diffuser which works fairly well.
Jeffrey Weil

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Hello Everyone,

Around here the only glass you can get at Home Depot is single strength, like used in picture frames. Thicker and cheaper glass is available at Ace Hardware stores. You have to ask though, its in the back with a big frame glass cutter. They sell sheets either cut down to your specs or raw in their stock sizes.

I get 12x16 inch 1/8 thick (thicker than Home Depot) for 3 bucks each.

Jeff Weil