Yellow Laser

Sell or buy stuff.
Forum rules
Finding new homes for holography-related items is encouraged. Even commercial enterprises with goods to offer are welcome as long as it is in the spirit of members helping members. If a for-sale post reads like an infomercial, though, you have probably crossed the line of acceptability.
John Klayer

Yellow Laser

Post by John Klayer »

I'd like to buy a yellow laser. Anybody have an old yellow HeNe that you don't need anymore?
Jem

Yellow Laser

Post by Jem »

Hi John

Put a 'buying' post on Photonlexicon. I'm sure there's a couple of guys on there that had/have yellow HeNe's.

Cheers

Jem
holorefugee

Yellow Laser

Post by holorefugee »

Sam usually has a .5mw yellow HeNe around.
142laser

Yellow Laser

Post by 142laser »

Hi John,
Sam and I have several yellow heads most wirh random ploaritation. How much power do you need? Phil 142laser
John Klayer

Yellow Laser

Post by John Klayer »

I just want to use it to light up transmission holograms of cave formations to match the natural color. A couple of mW should be enough.
Johnfp

Yellow Laser

Post by Johnfp »

why not a yellow LED?
John Klayer

Yellow Laser

Post by John Klayer »

I did try a yellow led. It is not monochromatic enough. I get a fuzzy image with it.
John Klayer

Yellow Laser

Post by John Klayer »

I bought a yellow HeNe from Sam. At 2mW it was fun to play with but not bright enough to do a good job lighting up my transmission holos. I'd like to sell it to offset the purchase of a Sunclan 30mW 589nm @ $900. Give me an offer my email is: klayer("at"symbol)bellsouth(dot)net. BTW, does anybody know anything about Sunclan before I trust them with $900 of my very hard earned money?
142laser

Yellow Laser

Post by 142laser »

The most power one can expect from a yellow HeNe head is about 4-5 mW so if you need real power (10 mW+) the DPSS is the way to go. For holograp illumination I think even a MLM laser with a short coherence length is OK; I have never heard of that brand; do you get free fortune cookiies with the laser for the $900 :lol: ? Phil