Artist looking to commission a small hologram

Holography related topics.
prohtex

Post by prohtex »

Hi everybody, I'm an artist and photographer looking to commission a small holography studio, service, or individual with a home studio to make a hologram for me. I just got a copy of Graham Saxby's excellent "Manual of Practical Holography" and so I have some understanding of the technique, but not enough to do it on my own.

The source is a small object, about 10"x7"x7". I understand there are 12x16" or so plates? And that several plates are needed to create the hologram? I am looking for a reflection, not transmission, hologram. I am also working with a relatively short timeframe -- I would overnight you the object, and working time would be 2 weeks or less. Please respond if you're interested or send me an email at pharkawik@gmail.com

Thanks
Peter
Jem

Post by Jem »

Hi Peter

It would be helpful if you could give an indication as to whereabouts in the world you are.

Regards

Jem
prohtex

Post by prohtex »

Ah, yes, Hi! I'm in Connecticut, USA
prohtex

Post by prohtex »

Is anybody interested ? I have images of the item in question, just email me at prohtex@gmail.com!
Jem

Post by Jem »

Hi Peter

I'm in the UK, but sadly I would not possess the necessary skills to produce your hologram.

I'm surprised that you have had no response, and I can only assume it's because your post hasn't been seen by those who have the skill and facilites to carry out your request.

Hopefully, by replying to your post it will push it to the top of the pile and maybe catch someone's eye.

Best of luck :)

Jem
prohtex

Post by prohtex »

I've found studios that do portraits, but not objects. Any ideas?
Johnfp

Post by Johnfp »

Good morning Peter. Try TrippleTake.
http://www.triple-take.com/
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Thanks, John!
By the way, this might be a good opportunity to reveal a "new" company. We've been criticised because we cover pretty much the length and breadth of holography, from display to embossed security to engineering to technical proof-of-concepts to pure science. The problem is: the tech/science clients see us as display and the artists/display lot see us as scientists and engineers.

So, we're trying to separate the two functions by creating a new identity for the display stuff. To this end, we registered a new company: 3d expressions. We also created the following site:
http://www.3d-expressions.com/index.html