single-mode red diodes/Thorlabs

Holography related topics.
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Wler wrote:I had just checked the HL63133 this weekend and it's very fine for ECDL operation, without any fudging I got more than 100mW SLM out right on the spot, and very very stable! I didn't push it to find the max. See here.
That's exciting news, I will stay tuned!
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

I did a little searching for that diode, and it was offered way back in January (in a group buy) for $175, also I saw something about it being offered for 130 Euros.
Valery

Post by Valery »

Wler

Post by Wler »

Yes, this has been checked since long and is one of the most suitable diodes. But current prices are more like $90-$100 rather than what they ask for....
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Wler, are there any more ECDL units on the horizon? ;)
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Joe Farina wrote:It seems that practically any diode can make holograms under the right conditions. The problem lies in the unpredictability.
Very true. I have though found some diodes to be quite forgiving about operating conditions. The problem is that all diodes (even from the same batch) are not created equal. I wish this could be sorted out. Next to the iffy availability of good cheap plates and film this is one of the major obstacles to holography as a mass hobby/artistic pursuit since it is so hard to make cheap holography lasers that can be guaranteed to work.