Some of the best and comprehensive info on gelatin

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

that I have found. This site is great. Click on the link and put gelatin in for the search.

http://albumen.stanford.edu

Happy reading!
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

"Phot. Sci. Eng." used to be a sort of journalistic bible of mine. Unfortunately it's no longer in existence but I know it can be found at the USC Film library. It's an absolute treasure trove of information on materials and chemistry. I've spent hours going through back issues.
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

You know, I am leaning toward this thinking, that the "pill" and medicinal delivery systems with gelatin are far more advance then the "photographic/holographic film" sector. The more I dig the more I find applications and research containing specifics on hardening, coil vs helical, etc that seems to pertain to the medicinal delivery system. There is great reasearch on gelatin that can withstand the stomach acids or enzymes (not sure which right off hand) but breaks down in the colon. The gelatin was specifically designed that way. Lots to learn.

Peace, good hearing from you as always. Say hello to Joy for me!
jeff

Post by jeff »

Thanks for that site ref. John.