new hologram

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
Mark Cavin

new hologram

Post by Mark Cavin »

I like it!! Could you show how you have it lighted? You use the OptiLed right; Which one do you use?
Tom B.

new hologram

Post by Tom B. »

Thanks all - re lighting, the hologram is face-up on the carpet in a darkened room, the camera is tripod mounted over it pointing straight down, and the Optiled (amber) is mounted on a little teeny tripod on a table a few feet away pointing down at an angle toward the holo, making an elliptical patch of light on the carpet about 8x10 inches. The brightest angle is probably the original Brewster's angle used for recording.

I am finding the amber-yellow region of the spectrum to be a nice compromise between image brightness and general attractiveness. Red can be nice too, but it's dimmer and works well only for certain subjects. In most cases I find green to be just too ghastly and unnatural. I'd like to see what can be done in the blue region with super fine (low scattering) film or maybe DCG.

Tom B.

new hologram

Post by Tom B. »

Will do - I've made a start on it, but much remains to be done before I have something presentable.