Holoprinter

Holography related topics.
LebendeMaterie

Holoprinter

Post by LebendeMaterie »

Do you have modern plans for building a holoprinter using film which does not need development and everything else being automated?
jnhong

Holoprinter

Post by jnhong »

There was a previous member who advertised his services to do exactly that. You send him the 3D files, or just multiple photographs of the subject, and he can manufacture the 8x10 holograms for you. If you had the money he might be willing to sell the plans.
LebendeMaterie

Holoprinter

Post by LebendeMaterie »

I won't pay for plans.
holorefugee

Holoprinter

Post by holorefugee »

To construct such a machine would cost $10k on a shoe string budget. More for 3 color work. A complete system for $60k would be a good deal

Plans would pay for themselves. I don't know of any. I do know of at least 3 people who would make a 3 color print for you for $500 and up.
LebendeMaterie

Holoprinter

Post by LebendeMaterie »

I won't pay for plans.
Jeffrey Weil

Holoprinter

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Hello Everyone,

For this kind of thing the best person you can talk to is Spatial Imaging in England. They've been producing dot matrix machines probably longer than anyone else in the western world. Ask for Rob Munday. He's a great holographer and has all the knowledge and experience to make the device your looking for. Hardware/software, etc....

He's worked with polymers and silver so don't think Spatial is just an embossed company that can only do dot matrix. He can make your printer better than anyone else I know. You also won't be working with someone who "thinks" they can make a proper machine. Rob has the experience making different types of origination equipment that proves he can do it well.

But, if your going to put down this kind of money, and it's going to cost a bunch no matter who makes it, don't trust any one source, even me. Ask around about Spatial, I'm sure you'll only hear good things. Rob has one of the best reputations in the biz.

http://www.holograms.co.uk/

Jeffrey Weil
NorthBeach Holography Inc.
LebendeMaterie

Holoprinter

Post by LebendeMaterie »

Jeffrey Weil wrote:He's a great holographer and has all the knowledge and experience to make the device your looking for.
Sure. I will refer to you saying that Jeffrey Weil recommended him for building a holoprinter for free. Additionally I will claim that you had sex with his children.

Maybe then you will accept that your shameless advertising NOT related to the topic - I never said I'd pay for it - is wanted nowhere.
holomaker

Holoprinter

Post by holomaker »

don't worry my holo friend you will get what you pay for in the end ......................
Thieu

Holoprinter

Post by Thieu »

@LebendeMaterie

Please *do not* use language like that on this forum. If you think a post contains inappropriate advertising, use the facilities provided by the board to notify the moderators. Using rude language to someone who takes at least the time to reply to your post will not get you closer to your goal and will definitely not entice others to help you out.
Jeffrey Weil

Holoprinter

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

advertising???????????????

What are you talking about? I thought you wanted a machine built, you said you didn't want plans. If I missunderstood do not go after me thinking I'm spaming. It was just a missunderstanding. If you say you want a fancy orignation machine most people would think money would be involved. I used my experience to guide you to the right person.

I thought I was helping you, I won't make that mistake again.

Do you really think someone is going to spend all the time and money to develop a machine and then just give it all away free? How about this, you send me a big stack of finished and perfect holograms for free that you've put time and money into producing and I'll take back what I said about things of value having value.

Did anyone else on this forum see my post as "inappropriate advertising" or just as an honest attempt to help someone out?

It seems that ANYTIME I use my experience to help on this forum someone explodes in my face.