Stephen Benton's secret holography technique

Have a great new article on a science related topic? Post it here!
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

I found a passing mention of this on the net but can't seem to find more. What is, "Stephen Benton's secret holography technique"?
Kaveh

Post by Kaveh »

DrOutlier wrote:I found a passing mention of this on the net but can't seem to find more. What is, "Stephen Benton's secret holography technique"?

Doesn't ring a bell. A passing comment by someone probably.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Why not ask the source?

http://smallworldpodcast.com/?p=268

I found that link by googling the phrase you mention.
Kaveh

Post by Kaveh »

MichaelH wrote:Why not ask the source?

http://smallworldpodcast.com/?p=268

I found that link by googling the phrase you mention.

Thanks Michael. It's quite an interesting podcast actually. Right at the end she mentions the Crystal Beginnings hologram, and that noone knows how it was made.
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

That's cool! Thanks.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Kaveh wrote:Thanks Michael. It's quite an interesting podcast actually. Right at the end she mentions the Crystal Beginnings hologram, and that noone knows how it was made.

i have seen this very cool hologram and it sure is a puzzler...
BobH

Post by BobH »

The last time I saw Fred Unterseyer, 18 months ago I think, he was talking about his experiments to recreate "Crystal Beginnings". He mentioned a number of ways he believed it could have been done, based on comments over the years by Steve, and we chewed it over a bit. I think he was going to write a paper about it for the conference in Wales.
Kaveh

Post by Kaveh »

BobH wrote:The last time I saw Fred Unterseyer, 18 months ago I think, he was talking about his experiments to recreate "Crystal Beginnings". He mentioned a number of ways he believed it could have been done, based on comments over the years by Steve, and we chewed it over a bit. I think he was going to write a paper about it for the conference in Wales.

He didn't give a presentation on this in Wales, but he messed up my recordings by consistently not waiting for the microphone to reach him before asking questions. ;-)

The recordings will be up and announced very very soon by the way.