Light intensity measurement for holograms

Archive donated by http://www.holography.ru - Converted by HoloM.
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

I am interested in obtaining additional information on constructing a light intensity measuring device using a photodiode, as discussed in your 'Exposure' topic. Can I get additional specific information or can you provide a reference?
Sergey Vorobyov

Post by Sergey Vorobyov »

You can ask me about measurement of intensity of laser beams. I know about it a little.
oquagen

Post by oquagen »

Please describe, which specific details of intensity measuring device you are interested in? We could provide information about it.
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

My son is using holography for a school science project. I would like to construct a light meter using a photodiode that can measure the light intensity. Your article mentions the FD-7K photodiode. I would like to find a similar diode available in USA that would work. Also would like to add an amplifier circuit to boost the output so we could use a milli-amp meter to meaure the output. Thanks
Sergey Vorobyov

Post by Sergey Vorobyov »

Sorry, I don't found information about photodiodes in USA. I propose for you use silicon solar element for measurement the illumination of hologram. The solar element use for power supply of portable radio receiver, etc. Take a black paper with an aperture diameter 3 mm and close solar element. Take multimeter and measurement current from solar element, when you put it on place of photoplate. If you use silicon solar element you can calculate the time of record, as write in chapter "Technology" in our site.
Main problem of this method – linearity of measurement. Take piece of processed photoplate (processed in GP-2 or GP-3 developer, it transparent and have the weak - brown color) and put on aperture on solar element. The photocurrent must be reduce near 2,5 time! If the photocurrent has changed on other value, it means, the measurement nonlinearity. Need add one or two piece of photoplate on aperture (reduce light intensity) and repeat check of linearity.
Syazrail

Post by Syazrail »

I'm designing a light intensity measurement using phototransistor SFH309FA. I need help here.
d

Post by d »

quote:Originally posted by Rodger:
My son is using holography for a school science project. I would like to construct a light meter using a photodiode that can measure the light intensity. Your article mentions the FD-7K photodiode. I would like to find a similar diode available in USA that would work. Also would like to add an amplifier circuit to boost the output so we could use a milli-amp meter to meaure the output. Thanks