Advice please on shooting a trans holo at tip angle

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

One-shot developer is the way to go. Now you know why.
Justin W

Post by Justin W »

Hehe.. yes.

I was using some D-19 that was probably developing its 15th piece of film by the time I realized it was likely the factor to blame for some of my problems.

A good buddy sent me enough raw D-19 powder to mix a quart of developer probably months ago now, and since then I've diluted it, used it, poured it back in the bottle, reused it, and used it some more. I've done everything short of calling it names and saying hurtful things about its mom. I'm thankful that I got as much mileage as I did out of a quart of the stuff, but now I'm obviously gonna have to hop off the cheap train and use some of my JD-2 I have here *sigh*
Ed Wesly

Post by Ed Wesly »

Just keep on keeping on and I will have to be living la vie holographique through you!
BobH

Post by BobH »

I'd never mix D-19 in anything laees than the full gallon. You'd never know what the distribution of the component powders was if you portion it out to mix less than a full bag's worth. Personaly,though, I always mix a liter of it from the individual chemicals, use as little in the tray as necessary then toss it after maybe three or four plates. I'd never put used developeer back in a bottle with fresh, and never use it the next day. Volume holograms are not black & white photographs.