Frequency doubled yagIII

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
skynnz

Frequency doubled yagIII

Post by skynnz »

I have spoken with my instructor and the laser's cavity is pretty short to be more than one mode. I really dont know what else to do I have tried differetn set ups and exposure times and I think I am getting close because if I view it in the laser light I see a small representation of the shape of the object but that is about it. The frequency double yag is at 532nm and I can adjust the ouput considerably. Not sure if that helps on the info in the laser. Well, I have two more days of class I hope someone might be able to help and if not thank you all anyways...I have tried to research this and have been going crazy and I think I actaully might need mental help after this.
dave battin

Frequency doubled yagIII

Post by dave battin »

Can you show us a picture of the setup? This could be part of your issues. Is there an iris in the optical train to shape the output profile? You could possibly shoot a hologram with the film in contact with a mirror to see if you are getting interference , does the laser have an etalon? ..................
Ed Wesly

Frequency doubled yagIII

Post by Ed Wesly »

Yag is pretty high gain so there may be many modes even in a short cavity. For one last experiment, I would suggest running it just over threshold, the lowest power that it is stable at. That way the strongest mode is the only one lasing (hopefully).

Seeing the set up as Dave has suggested would be helpful. What kind of plates are you using? If the plates are capable of making single beam reflection holograms at 532, probably the only one that I can think of is the Colour Holographics green plates, you could try making a single beam reflection with a coin touching the plate itself. Another configuration that could give some results with short coherence is called single beam transmission deep scene, you might need to look in like Unterseher's book to see how to do it, or I could send you a pdf (and anyone else who would like a copy) of my Seven Single Beam Reflection Projects that gives an idea of how to do it, if you PM me c/o this forum with an e-mail address.