Color channel spacing

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
Justin W

Color channel spacing

Post by Justin W »

Hey guys

Well, I finally nailed down a bright, clean master at Benton Angle #2 - I shot the master at 41deg with the intention of transferring it to an h2 with 60deg reference.

Now it's time to pray some magic happens.

I have very limited experience with multichannel rainbows, but have played enough to determine that I like an even 6 degree separation between my channels.
What I'm here to ask about today is anyone's opinion/experience about whether the spacing between channels should be uniform no matter what (in terms of degrees).

I ask this because with the master tipped at 41deg, even spacing of slits across the master results in uneven distribution in degrees from the perspective of H2. In fact, with the slits spaced evenly across the master, the red channel winds up several degrees closer to the green than does the blue channel. Will this result in funky and undesirable color distribution?

I guess what I'm basically asking is: What's more important for multichannel work, even slit spacing across the master or consistent separation (in degrees) as seen by the H2?

Thanks, homies.
Justin W

Color channel spacing

Post by Justin W »

Or no... wait...

I think I got that backwards. I've just doodled another CAD drawing using my actual numbers and it appears as though with some very convenient geometry I can get 6deg between my red and green with 5deg between green and blue.

Blue is closer.

That's fine. Fine n dandy.

I'll be back with updates following tonight's test shots.
dave battin

Color channel spacing

Post by dave battin »

Justin W wrote:What I'm here to ask about today is anyone's opinion/experience about whether the spacing between channels should be uniform no matter what .

Its really all up to you, what colors you will like to see, by picking random slit areas up and down on the H1, you will get many different hues. The actual angles for making white replay can be found by looking at Saxby’s geometry, you will find the blue and green slits to be closer together than the green to red. even just by picking two slits a wide variation of hues will be made, have fun and lets see a picture ! most books show the "red" as the color that’s viewed from normal to the hologram, this will not be the case with your green laser, as when making the set up, keep you green slit to the normal with red zone above and the blue zone below
Colin Kaminski

Color channel spacing

Post by Colin Kaminski »

This is starting to get out of beginning holography!