DICOM IMAGES IN HOLOGRAPHIC SHEET

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
deepak.jha82

Post by deepak.jha82 »

Hi Everyone,

I am Deepak from India. Currently I am working on Digital Imaging and Communication in Medicine (DICOM) image processing. I understand that scanned images (X-Ray, CT, MR etc) are filmed on a X-Ray sheets as a hardcopy. For this purpose DICOM Printers are available.

I want to filmed these scaneed images on a holograhic sheet (rather X-Ray Sheets) such that each image is placed one after the other at a particular visual depth (z-axis) on the sheet (like Flip-Flop Hologram). The benefit of this would be that more than one image can be accomodated on a single sheet which could be viewed at different angle and depth.
Is it possible by using any existing Holographic Printer and if so then is there any technical tool developed yet to view these images on the sheet .

Awaiting for your valuable comments.
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

If you want to be able to view the holographic image I would suggest the following.

Take your multiple scanned images and send them to a professional holographer. He can then combine the images into the multilayer holographic representation you are asking for.

If you want to do it yourself, I would suggest learning the basics of holography first. What you are asking for is an advanced technique in holography.

Have a good day,
John.

PS: you only need to post about a topic in one section, not in multiple sections... :wink:
Ed Wesly

Post by Ed Wesly »

Exactly what you describe is a device that was invented, prototypes were made, and then faded into holographic obscurity:

http://holography.ning.com/group/collec ... s/voxbox-1
favalora

Post by favalora »

This is the part where Kaveh speaks...

g
Kaveh

Post by Kaveh »

I have to say something now... ;-)

Deepak, there is one place I think where you can have these images printed, and that is Holorad. I have not idea of charges, but Steve Hart, on the thread referred to by Ed can tell you directly...