Good to be back on the forum

Holography related topics.
dannybee

Good to be back on the forum

Post by dannybee »

Hi, Im no longer on facebook, but so good to be back in the forum here, is there anything new happing in holography? any new makers of film? just want to get caught up to date on everything.. thanks
HoloM

Re: Good to be back on the forum

Post by HoloM »

Welcome back!
I miss the discussions here on the forum as most is happening on fb , but I think fb isn't good for discussing because you don't find anything a short time later .

What are you interested in? Silver halide or dcg? Denisyuks or split beam? Red or green? Color?
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

wow all of the above..... :D I have been ready alot of really old books (1850) on processes (Photographic Reproduction Processes) and (How to make old-time photos) I saw some applications to DCG and Iron processes and some old forgotten processes with silver and other metal salts.
I want to see if they can be applied to holography, I see in here that someone came out with a new color film, is it any good? also I remember something about a polmyer you had told me about... just want to get caught up on the latest, sorry I cant do facebook... this will have to do
John Klayer

Post by John Klayer »

Gee Danny! I didn't know you left the Forum. I thought you were just being real quiet. Sure, we want you here and hear you.
admin_jsfisher
Site Admin

Post by admin_jsfisher »

Everyone was being really quiet. Maybe that is beginning to change, now. :)
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

Yes I so hope so, facebook is not the best place to exchange Ideas
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

John Klayer love your idea and use of a fiberoptic as a refrence beam, so simple yet profound. I have found in color holography reflections (single beam) this idea is very useful for even lighting and mixing of the 2 or 3 beams. I use a fiber lens as a mixer and maintain about 4" depth. I have also used it in a transmission holograms and got fair results. Im so glad that they talked about your setup in the last "Practial Holography" im finding out that ther is ways to getaround the limitation in our setups :D
John Klayer

Post by John Klayer »

Yes, with enough coherence length, multimode fibers work well for the reference beam. I wish more holographers would give it a try.
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

John Klayer wrote:Yes, with enough coherence length, multimode fibers work well for the reference beam. I wish more holographers would give it a try.
I love using a fiber lens on color holography, it make the beam mixing so easy and very clean, and even with the hene I get a good coherence as long as the beams go threw the center of the lens, I have 2 fiber lens one small and one twice as big..the bigger one the fibers are really fine that you can't see the fibers , the beam size I use is 1 cm
Grayham

Post by Grayham »

I have been looking at fibre optics as single mode cables are quite cheap these days.
I was looking at the beam splitter cables 1x2, 1x4 etc and wondering what to use.

The commercial cables all seem to be for the infrared range. Could you tell me if these are any good for splitting 532nm please or do i need to buy specific cables?

Many Thanks
Grayham