conference on zoom

Holography related topics.
jrburns47

Re: conference on zoom

Post by jrburns47 »

Of course you think this is a good idea - you suggested it😂!
I definitely support it. Speaking only for myself, i haven’t been depressed at all during the last few months. I’m used to not getting much positive feedback about what I do and it’s been a wonderful opportunity to get a lot of small but important studio work done as well as being an environmentally beneficial time with much less traffic and social noise except the usual political noise. I miss regular physical interaction with friends but that’s slowly coming back as we all knew it would. Looking forward to reading ideas here on making such an online holozoom meeting meaningful.
Din

Post by Din »

We've been "zooming" with friends and family. But, neither of us has a Zoom account. Joy has a work account, but it wouldn't be appropriate to use a work account for personal communications. However, we've discovered that without a Zoom account, "zooming" only lasts 45 minutes. Sometimes, they seem to adhere to it, and sometimes they don't. But, if anyone is interested, and has a Zoom account, we can go on beyond 45 minutes.
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

Well we could use Google meeting, we use this one for our church, it has a record and other features that can help the presenter ,pictures ,PowerPoint
admin_jsfisher
Site Admin

Post by admin_jsfisher »

The 40-minute meeting limit with the free version of Zoom wouldn't be a big limitation. Think of it as simply a 40-minute hard stop for each session (and truly longer sessions can be split into multiple parts). Schedule sessions on hour boundaries thereby giving everyone a 20-minute break between sessions.
Nnnn

Post by Nnnn »

I'm in Japan (GMT +9) but my sleep schedule is also completely messed up, so any time works for me! ^^
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

i think the best would be Google's Meet there is no time limit, and lots of tools for the presenter :D :D so probably call "Holographyforum-meet2020",
have to check tho on celebrate recovery we use zoom and only the one presenting the meeting need the pro zoom our meeting go for about 1 hour so have to check, does the server have a app for video meeting that can be instaled on the server, i cant recall if it does when i was hosting the forum. but anyway thats 2 ways of doing this :D
Wackhaus

Post by Wackhaus »

excellent.
ill tell all the kids.

everyone cant all talk at once btw, have an event do a program broken up throughout a weekend.
ive been attending a ton of stereoclub meetings from all around, and i especially like the tokyo club meeting, which is at 4 or 5am nyc time, and thats never going to happen so i just stay up all night.

but for real, this needs doing
pocket full of holograms
johnsmithe

Post by johnsmithe »

Hey,

When is the next Conference. I missed it this time.

Thanks
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Seems to be a liked idea among the masses, whom will actually do this ? Let me know and I’ll be there ..