Osram PL530 530nm laser diodes tested @75mw SLM

Sell or buy stuff.
Forum rules
Finding new homes for holography-related items is encouraged. Even commercial enterprises with goods to offer are welcome as long as it is in the spirit of members helping members. If a for-sale post reads like an infomercial, though, you have probably crossed the line of acceptability.
holomaker

Re: Osram PL530 530nm laser diodes tested @75mw SLM

Post by holomaker »

kittylasers2

Post by kittylasers2 »

If anyone wants to sell a controller board.. I'm looking for a driver for a white laser unit with the PL530 component. I don't do electronics, and I'd love to do some holography with it.
Loic74

Post by Loic74 »

Greetings,

Just received my RGB module from Dave and am now reading through the various resources on how to power it up.
Anyone knows if this laser will maintain beam characteristics (Power, SLM, coherence length...) if modulated at a few KHz? I'd like to try and use it as a cheap source for my holoprinter (https://youtu.be/EpnnGGCmX-I)
Thx
Loic

NB: I am also interested in a controller board from @Soda if he has spares.
soda

Post by soda »

Hi Loic,
Very interesting idea, by my knowledge, the red and blue diodes cannot be modulated without lost of coherence. The green OPSL module is different kind of animal and I suppose that it's quite possible to modulate it without lost of SLM, but coherence should be somewhat reduced, mainly due to variation in thermal load.
Currently I have not the drivers, I m looking for someone who can assemble it, due to lack of the time. Anyway, I can help you with modification of the design to allow the modulation.
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

One of the reasons for all the technology in the 530, was so it could be modulated quicker than conventional DPSS configuration. As of Now I’ve not tested for SLM while modulated, the initial IR output at the diode is quite narrow frequency to begin ..(distributing feedback Laser using a Holographic grading in the laser cavity)..
Loic74

Post by Loic74 »

Thank you @Soda and @Holomaker,

I am surprized a regular diode could not be modulated fast enough for pico-displays. What's more, losing single longitudinal mode would probably be a bonus in case of a pico-projector since they get into large efforts to despeckle the images. But I am probably missing something obvious.

Anyhow, I am happy to help assemble some drivers if that is an option, @Soda I sent you a PM

Cheers
Loic
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Remember these green lasers were in production for only a short period of time, and then quickly replaced w direct (easy to modulate) green diodes ....
Loic74

Post by Loic74 »

holomaker wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:41 pm Remember these green lasers were in production for only a short period of time, and then quickly replaced w direct (easy to modulate) green diodes ....
Interesting, I did not realize that
bostjan

Post by bostjan »

Hi,

Sorry for the newbie old thread bump, but I'm looking for a PL530 with a driver. I'm sure all of these are gone by now, but in case anyone wants to sell one, please contact me and let me know.
soda

Post by soda »

Hi all,
Recently my friend have ordered few PCBs for PL530 drivers. If all went well, soon will be available latest version, improved by soft start, integrated TEC PID driver and feature connector for external monitoring and controlling of the parameters. Complete PL530 lasers will come later, after extensive tests of new design.
I'm dealing with new extension of the PL530 project: I2 stabilized OPSL, which improve the stability to new level. Sample of the beam is diverted through iodine vapor cell to lock it to an iodine absorption line to achieve absolute stability.
Attachments
Iodine crystals and fluorescence of the iodine vapors visible inside quartz cell. Beam splitters on the left of the image and the PL530 module is overexposed by scattered light.
Iodine crystals and fluorescence of the iodine vapors visible inside quartz cell. Beam splitters on the left of the image and the PL530 module is overexposed by scattered light.
PL530I2.jpg (349.48 KiB) Viewed 20761 times