Film Boxes & Canisters

Sell or buy stuff.
Forum rules
Finding new homes for holography-related items is encouraged. Even commercial enterprises with goods to offer are welcome as long as it is in the spirit of members helping members. If a for-sale post reads like an infomercial, though, you have probably crossed the line of acceptability.
dopplerjeff5000

Film Boxes & Canisters

Post by dopplerjeff5000 »

Hello All,

I'd like to have a little collection of empty boxes and canisters from the discontinued holography films Kodak Estar Base, Agfa Holotest, etc. When I used these in school, I rarely used up a box and so never much had the opportunity to save one. (Although I was the proud user of an old Kodak box for transferring exposed film marked "Leith" [yes, that Leith], I couldn't talk my advisor in to letting me keep it.) If anyone has some of this stuff just lying around I'd happily buy it for a modest price. I just think it would be great to have a few examples of the discontinued product sitting on a shelf in my office.
Ed Wesly

Film Boxes & Canisters

Post by Ed Wesly »

Welcome aboard, dopplerjeff! I do have some old boxes, of a variety of sorts, all of the Agfa family, also including some Ilford, Harman, Russian, and even 649-F!

Private message me with how much you want to spend including shipping, I'll reply with what I think would be a generous offer, and we can work it from there!

And anyone else that's interested in such holographic incunabula feel free to PM me.
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
BobH

Film Boxes & Canisters

Post by BobH »

I also have unopened boxes of Kodak 649F, Bulgarian plates, Agfa Scientia, and Ilford too. Ed W. has a GREAT stash of old boxes AND cans!
dopplerjeff5000

Film Boxes & Canisters

Post by dopplerjeff5000 »

Thanks! PM coming you way.
142laser

Film Boxes & Canisters

Post by 142laser »

Hi,
Try posting this on the facebook Holography group. Lots of old time holographers are lurking there...I bet they all have these full of holograms though...:) Phil
jsfisher

Film Boxes & Canisters

Post by jsfisher »

Better still, post on facebook that someone here is looking. Maybe we can get some of those old-timers lurking here, too.
World's worst holographer
Ed Wesly

Film Boxes & Canisters

Post by Ed Wesly »

While fulfilling Jef's wish inthe post above, I had to make an inventory of what I had on hand, so I scanned and photographed them and turned them into a Web Gallery, viewable at [url]file:///Users/user/Desktop/TIE594/PlateBoxes/index.html[/url].

Enjoy!
jsfisher

Film Boxes & Canisters

Post by jsfisher »

Ed Wesly wrote:While fulfilling Jef's wish inthe post above, I had to make an inventory of what I had on hand, so I scanned and photographed them and turned them into a Web Gallery, viewable at [url]file:///Users/user/Desktop/TIE594/PlateBoxes/index.html[/url].

Enjoy!
I would guess Ed really meant something like http://nlutie.com/ewesly/TIE594/PlateBoxes/index.html for the URL. If so, we'll all have to wait a bit; the site is over traffic quota right now.
Ed Wesly

Film Boxes & Canisters

Post by Ed Wesly »

Yes, that is the correct URL. I don't know what is going on with that over use warning. Damn!
jsfisher

Film Boxes & Canisters

Post by jsfisher »

Looks like Ed's own website has been restored to be among the living. You can see a slide-show presentation of his collection using the following URL:

http://nlutie.com/ewesly/PlateBoxes/index.html

(Note: The URL I wrote a few posts above is incorrect. Use this one here.) The images have also been uploaded to the Holowiki, so you may view them there, too (not as a slide show), using either of the following URLs:

http://holowiki.nss.rpi.edu/wiki/index. ... late_Boxes
http://holoinfo.no-ip.biz/wiki/index.ph ... late_Boxes