Extroduction

Holography related topics.
BobH

Extroduction

Post by BobH »

I'm disgusted by the reasons (as I now understand them) for the events regarding the recent banning of Phil from this forum, and will no longer be participating here. Holographers make this place happen, not IT people.
a_k

Extroduction

Post by a_k »

Goodbye, Bob.
holomaker

Extroduction

Post by holomaker »

Wow for all that Bob has giving the forum over the years and years ..... Amet I think you need to address this issue about Phil as the integrity will continue to fail, We are all part of this group we call holographers , it being ruled by a democratic mind set, not really a one owner type deal, so I think to discuss the issue, and the resolve for this issue will go away and not members

Sorry to see you go Bob, maybe you can return one day ? thanks for all you have helped here !
a_k

Extroduction

Post by a_k »

The matter was discused with him and he apparently chose to go. I have asked him to do so in a civilised manner at least. This must be his understanding of being civilised when leaving a place, throwing dirt around himself and then getting disgusted.
msxc

Extroduction

Post by msxc »

Hi,

Apparently forum users feel that decisions made are not justified, and at least better explanation for admin action is needed. There would be no fuzz if otherwise... Locking threads before people can speak their ways feels a bit like unnecessary censorship.

Maybe such drastic decisions like bans should be made by small group of most active forum contributors?

/Marcin
ron olson

Extroduction

Post by ron olson »

Bob's input is one of the main reasons I visit this web site. For real-world, hands-on technical advice regarding holography, Bob has few equals. Whither on the web he drifts, I will in all likelihood follow.
Jeffrey Weil

Extroduction

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

I agree, Ron. When I was just starting out BobH was already a pro. Losing Phil, Bob, and now you really lowers the quality of what the forum has to offer

so far due to Ahmets bizarre overreaction we've lost

SLM CW laser expert (Phil)
SLM CW laser source (Phil)
Pulsed laser expert (Ron)
Pulsed hologram expert (Ron)
HOE and display holography expert (Bob)
laser historian (Bob)

Without that knowledge base I won't be coming here as often either.

The forum needs more pros, not fewer.
Martin

Extroduction

Post by Martin »

Jeffrey Weil wrote:I agree, Ron. When I was just starting out BobH was already a pro. Losing Phil, Bob, and now you really lowers the quality of what the forum has to offer

so far due to Ahmets bizarre overreaction we've lost

SLM CW laser expert (Phil)
SLM CW laser source (Phil)
Pulsed laser expert (Ron)
Pulsed hologram expert (Ron)
HOE and display holography expert (Bob)
laser historian (Bob)

Without that knowledge base I won't be coming here as often either.

The forum needs more pros, not fewer.
Without knowing every detail about the latest incidents, I for one will stay here on this forum...