X-Ray Vision Device

Have a great new article on a science related topic? Post it here!
edelbrp

X-Ray Vision Device

Post by edelbrp »

This is a rather odd and curious story on the latest from the inventor who made the 'bear proof suit' amoung other things:

http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=6657

It uses 'lasers', 'plasma', and other spooky technological things to detect stealth materials, stop electronics from working, and make body parts go numb.

What this really is or does is beyond at least the people writing about it...

-Phil
Dinesh

X-Ray Vision Device

Post by Dinesh »

[quote:5b66070c6d="edelbrp"]
What this really is or does is beyond at least the people writing about it...
-Phil[/quote:5b66070c6d]
...and beyond him too, judging by the garbled pseudo-science. "7 industrial lasers" huh? Hope they were all pointing the same way. :D Not quite sure why he needs CO2 mixed with the plasma. I'm also wondering how you create a plasma at room temperature. No, wait! I've got it!, I've got it! Cold Fusion! Of course! Actually, what impressed me more was that not once does he mention"Einstein" , "Unified Field Theory" or "Nobel Prize".
Methods of "seeing through walls" already exist. You'll see one in every airport. The optical spectrum is a very small part of the total EM spectrum. Most of it "goes through walls" and can be detected by a suitably tuned detector. Most of the size in your microwave oven is to stop the microwaves from coming out.